Find
Notify
Tools

Voted Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Our ballots just delivered by a Federal Agent in his little rural route vehicle today.

Oregon has been 'mail in only' since about 1996 or so. Oddly enough, that has coincided with a growing and now super-majority of both in state and Federal offices becoming DNC havens.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
They consolidated our voting sites. .you know cause of Covid.
They wanted as many as could be gotten in one place. .
1+1 DO NOT= 2 ANYMORE !
LINES 50 + .... took me an hr if not more..... Allot of dems here near Charlotte it seems ...
God knows, I'm worried...

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
I mailed my ballot in a couple days ago.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our county set up an early voting site, which we visited on Wednesday. I dropped off my absentee ballot and the wife voted. It took 10 minutes, very efficient operation. Kudos to the Registrar's office.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted Monday, the first day of in person early voting, it took maybe five minutes and some of that was - gasp! - showing photo ID. My county is very efficient, every general election they set up four or five satellite sites 3-4 weeks before.

I'm retired with lots of spare time and nothing is going to change my vote, I see no reason to wait until election day.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Voted this morning straight Republican. CHL accepted as ID, and no mask worn-just like the good old days.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Bright and early (7:30), so not too many people, yet. Took about 5 minutes.

I went to vote yesterday. Took all of 3 minutes! No line at all.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Voted yesterday. Drove to a specific drop off box for ballots. We are not trusting the USPS with it's safe delivery.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Voted today at the courthouse. Four more years, four more years!!

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
A voting Haiku:

Here I go to vote
Karen gives me the side eye
My mask hides my smile

Took me 15 minutes to vote today. Not bad.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I voted yesterday.

May God bless and protect President Donald John Trump.

(And bless America with another four years of winning.)

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went down to the Board of Election Commissioners this afternoon. Was able to vote absentee, in person, paper ballot I stuck in the box myself. Couldn't have been easier, nor much quicker. Good to have it done.

Posts: 2690 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday for the wife & I. Had to wait in line for about 2 minutes.

I had my patience tested... I'm negative.

Posts: 83 | Registered: July 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We both dropped ours off at our county election office.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Voted today while the kid was at karate, its in the next town over and there was no wait.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i dropped ballot off, have received 2 text messages of ballot received + signature verified.

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Walked into the county courthouse, straight into the clerks cubicle, got my ballot and into the 'booth' I went. All of 5 minutes. I feel opressed.

Posts: 1983 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Standing in line right now.
A location opened up about 2 miles from home. Voting opens at 9.

I got here about 840 & there were maybe 30 people ahead of me. As of right now (855) there are probably 30-40 behind me.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Oregon is mail in voting or dropping your ballot in a drop box.

I will either drop mine in the drop box or drive it an hour away to the county seat to drop it with the County Clerk.

Voted against all new taxes and measures (the only one beneficial was a bond for the fire hall to build a new building... I voted against it due to another organization local to me doing a bait and switch when they proposed a bond to build a rec center... when the building was going to begin we the people were notified that to build what was proposed was going to cost triple what we passed).

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Went down to the Town Hall to early vote at 9AM. Pretty steady trickle of people coming and going. Nice thing was that for early voting I was required to show an ID or driver license which is not asked for on election day when we vote here in MA. I hope all the other towns and cities require the ID too.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2406 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post