SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another pup goes to the Rainbow Bridge today.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another pup goes to the Rainbow Bridge today. Login/Join 
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted
My Lab/Blue Heeler, Missoula died this morning at 3.5 years old.

Her roots go back to her name, when I found her on Craigslist just hours after getting off the plane from Missoula, MT after maggotfest in May 2014. She was a little devil from day one, using her little needle teeth to terrorize Heather, Marley and I, but her cuteness melted hearts and forgave her misgivings. She was a little cuddler, but would wake you up from a nap with a nip and a yap. She was a smart one, always figuring out what mischief to get into next when you thought you had it solved.
She traveled more than most pups. Born in Alaska, she traveled just about every paved highway there. She flew to Palm Springs and back, and was my copilot/driving buddy from Fairbanks to Eglin AFB, FL when we drove to our next Great adventure. She's driven cross country twice since then and was always ready to take long naps in the back seat. She's chased deer, cows, horses, kids and the occasional fly that happened to get too close. She never could catch that red dot or the glare on a wall, but I'm sure she will now.

She never made an enemy and only knew how to love. She will be greatly missed by all who have had the great fortune to meet her.

I love you Momo, you died too young, but you did more than I could have hoped for us while you were here. I didn't deserve all the love you gave me, but I needed it more than you'll know. When the spouse hit me with a divorce in March, she was what got me through the roughest times and always there with kisses and cuddles.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss, my friend. We never seem to have them long enough. She sure looks like a good one.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Good girl Momo.

Condolences, Zac. I have a buddy getting close to the end of the trail today, myself.

Posts: 26891 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
So sorry you have lost Momo.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
She packed a good dog's life in her short time.

I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way too soon. My condolences.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9142 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss of Momo. 3.5YO is way too soon.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Sounds like she gave you all she had for a short time.

I am sorry for your loss, Drake and Cinder will be waiting for her over the bridge.

Archerman

Posts: 2483 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Very sorry, always really hard.
I've had to send 2 to the bridge and dread the day my 10 year old GSD goes.

So young!

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss, Zac. I hope that the great many memories you share with Momo will help you through this tough time.

JRC

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I can tell from your description of her that she was a one in a million dog.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Our loyal doggies are a blessings that wear fur coats. A man can do a whole lot worse than have such a loveable and entertaining pal. Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
3.5 years old is way too soon.

A lovely tribute you posted. Sounds like you were lucky to have each other, even if only for a short time.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
so sorry for your loss

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
God speed Momo. Way too young! My 20YO daughter brought home a Bernese Mountain Dog pup and she is just like you describe Momo.

This time will pass. My sympathies to you!

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Wow, very young. Sorry for your loss Zac.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4929 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I hate reading these threads, but for some reason I just can't pass them by. When my GSD Sadie passed a few years ago, it was the first time I actually broke down and cried since I was a kid. I hope she and Momo become friends when they meet. "I'm sorry" seems so inadequate. Be well.

Posts: 7260 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So Sorry.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry Zac...Momo, you are a beautiful girl and you deserve a "good girl" for being there for your dad.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
She musta been a good girl. She got you through the worst of it. Now she's gonna go help somebody else.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post