Find
Notify
Tools

#DrunkJudge Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And all of this started with a DUI. Way to go, "Judge".

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
So this bag of filth is still hearing cases? For one day at least.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...amanda-prestigiacomo

TAXPAYERS SCREWED: 'Drunk Judge' Shows Up 1 Of 214 Workdays, Gets Pay Raise. Defends It In Video Rant, Calls Media 'Racist'

"You're mad because I'm a young minority getting paid."

Amanda PrestigiacomoApril 3, 2018

Screenshot: Leticia Astacio via Facebook
In the words of the imitable Ron Swanson of Parks and Recreation, "It's never too early to learn that the government is a greedy piglet that suckles on a taxpayer's teat until they have sore, chapped nipples."

Clearly exemplifying the spirit of this truth is Rochester City Court Judge Leticia Astacio, often dubbed "drunk judge" by local media and Rochesterians. Ms. Astacio, effective April 1, received a state taxpayer-funded pay raise of $11,000 — bringing her salary to a whopping $187,200 — after she worked only one of 214 days.

According to local station 13 Wham News, "Astacio did report for work on Tuesday, February 27 for one day – and has not been back since." Before her one day on the job in 2018, Astacio had not reported to work since August 31 the previous year.

By letter, Chief Administrative Judge Craig Doran ordered the judge back to the bench on February 26; Doran confirmed Monday that Astacio is still continuing to blow off work.

Voicing her frustration with the "negative" and "racist" news coverage of her apparently appropriate raise on Facebook Live, Astacio said she did not report to work because she had a "medical excuse" and has reportedly provided Doran with a doctor's note. Ms. Astacio whined about a potential "HIPAA violation" for such a disclosure.

In August of 2016, Astacio was convicted of DWI and later found guilty of violating her probation on at least two occasions. In June, from behind bars, Astacio was raking in her then-$175,500 annual taxpayer-funded salary.

According to Astacio, the raise was deserved and the media are "biased" in their reporting on her because they are "racist."

"Why's my name in the headlines?" she asked via Facebook. "Because your racist news stations ... You're mad because I'm a young minority getting paid."

She also complained about the photo choice. "Also I hate that picture spectrum do better," she wrote

And she wasn't done yet. In three different Facebook Live videos, Astacio complained about her treatment.

"Do you know how many judges got a raise?" she said in one video, again defending her raise. "It's not like I went and petitioned for a raise. No ... all the judges got raises."

"There's just no rules that really apply when it comes to me," she complained. (Yes, this seems to be the problem taxpayers have highlighted, as well, Ms. Astacio.)

"It is biased reporting to talk about me getting a raise when everyone got a raise," Astacio whining some more, adding, "This isn't news."

WATCH:

True to form, Astacio followed it up with this little number:

She seems super remorseful.

The young judge is currently being investigated by the New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct, which could result in the stripping of her judicial duties, reports News 10 WHEC.

Astacio's term doesn't expire until 2024.

Don't you just love government?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Gal needs to try heroin. Booze obviously isn’t working for her.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
So, is the administration of justice better off with her ditching work, or showing up to work?

Choose wisely.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The terms of Astacio's probation prohibit her "possessing a firearm, dangerous weapon, or noxious substance ."

Does that mean no more Taco Bell?

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Don't you be dissen the Bell! Wink

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Taco Bell is a "noxious substance" precursor.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... and ...

Judge Leticia Astacio stripped of judgeship

<snip>
In court, judges and prosecutors maintained that Astacio stubbornly refused to abide by terms placed upon her after her arrest and conviction.

"The defendant has never acknowledged responsibility for her behaviors," Ontario County Court Judge Stephen Aronson wrote in December when refusing to overturn her drunken driving conviction. "She has demonstrated an utter lack of respect for any and all authorities, as evidenced by her multiple violations."

Apparently the commission discovered her other ethical lapses during its investigation. The statements she made in court to the jaywalker, the court deputy, and in the sexual misconduct case showed her lack of judicial temperament, the commission decided.

The commission voted unanimously to oust Astacio. That was also the decision of a referee who first heard the case against Astacio, before it was presented to the full commission.

<end snip>

But wait ... she can appeal? Good grief, it's not over ...

Commission on Judicial Conduct removes Judge Astacio from bench

Astacio has 30 days to either accept or appeal the Commission's ruling. If she accepts the decision, her pay will stop immediately. If she appeals the decision to the New York State Court of Appeals, she will receive her $187,200 salary until the Court of Appeals acts on her appeal. The appeal process usually takes three to five months.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I tell ya, that breaks my cold, shriveled heart. I mean, so much potential there- you know, the substance abuse and additction, the fucked-up public behavior, her ability to turn a DUI into career ending and prison time, the self-righteousness and complete enttlement, etc. What a waste of talent. Razz

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Talent, heheh.

It's not over until the ... fat lady sings?

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Before she gets the boot, maybe she should go in, call court into session, plead guilty to all her crimes and sentence herself to probation for 4 weeks plus a fine of $20.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
What I see is a woman with a substance problem who is too immoral to accept responsibility and too proud to feel shame. As I understand it, 'rock bottom' is when your circumstances decay faster than your ability to lower your standards. Until she begins to suffer, she will not even approach rock bottom.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
"It is biased reporting to talk about me getting a raise when everyone got a raise," Astacio whining some more, adding, "This isn't news."

but....but...they're working. No? we still don't see the issue? sigh.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Oh sure, this judge gets all the breaks. Time and time again the court was lenient. But if she'd been a hispanic or female I bet the court would have thrown the book at....

... wait what?

... the judge is?

oooooooooh, huh. Lookie there.

If I called that minority privilege, how fast would people freak out?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How do you say "The gravy train has come to a screeching halt, missy" in espanish por favor?

Let's try Google translate:

"El tren de la salsa ha llegado a un alto, chiquita."

Salsa train? That's not right.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I find not only her behavior and attitude to be disgusting but also disgusting that her superiors have not fired her, as well disgusting that the taxpayers have to pay for this. Just disgusting.

Make that outrageous, not just disgusting.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We're gettin' there, Gene. We're gettin' there. Wink

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
The appeal process usually takes three to five months.
That's enough time for 3 to 5 probation violations for #DrunkJudge

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
It gives me hope that some people are upright and are fed up with the way things are going. The judge who judged this drunk judge and the police that stood up to the NYC Port commissioner.

Descerada. Sounds like the title of Shakira's next hit.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I the first one to ask why she has not been disbarred? The NY Bar must give lots of latitude on DUIs?

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post