SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Fitting Tribute to a Fallen Warrior
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Fitting Tribute to a Fallen Warrior Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted
The "informal service" for a Combat Controller

https://taskandpurpose.com/air...&utm_campaign=buffer

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Nice tribute to a fallen brother. RIP Dylan.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Showed this to my son a few minutes ago. He had no idea the Air Force had these type of operators.

The Viking Ship is a bit tacky but the tribute itself was nice.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
RIP Dylan. Very nice tribute.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Great tribute! Only people who have "been there" or have close family members who are there, or have been there will understand.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Showed this to my son a few minutes ago. He had no idea the Air Force had these type of operators.

The Air Commandos are hard core with some of the toughest training in the world, and an insane ops tempo. They are low key and refer to themselves as "the quiet professionals" which is why you don't hear much about them.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

The Air Commandos are hard core with some of the toughest training in the world, and an insane ops tempo. They are low key and refer to themselves as "the quiet professionals" which is why you don't hear much about them.

This...truly first in last out and the best friend of anyone trying to make himself very small in a dirt hole.....CAS is my best friend

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Combat Controller....all he respect in the world for him. Once heard that they were the equivalent of a PhD in chaos control. Well said.
Godspeed Dylan.

G.F.
Tampa
Air Force ‘73-‘77.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Salute brother, until Valhalla.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post