SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Decided to Get an Apple Watch 6
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Decided to Get an Apple Watch 6 Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted
I was a hater when the Apple Watch first came out, and then later bought an Apple Watch 3. I absolutely love it; of course I keep an analog watch just in case.

I decided to buy the newly released Apple Watch 6 to upgrade. I take pristine care of my devices so they are giving me $100 for my Apple Watch 3. I will purchase the same protection items for my new watch as I did for the Watch 3 to keep the new one in perfect condition l

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I am doing the same tomorrow. My I watch series 2 is still in decent shape but I like all the new features with the up to date watch.

The blue looks pretty cool to boot.

Not sure if I’ll trade the old watch in yet. They will only give me $65. For that price, I might just give it to one of my brothers.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I’m interested in the SE.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I bought my wife the gen 3 watch 2 years ago and the screen fell off of it recently. Apple wouldn’t do squat even though it was clearly a manufacturers defect.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I also hated the idea of smart watches when they first came out. I thought it was the dumbest thing ever and only apple fanboys would ever buy one.

But I got a gen 4 about a year and a half ago and I’m a total convert. I love the dang thing.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a hold out for years on any Apple products. I refused to believe they were anything special or better than what I had. That changed last Oct. of course the Mrs and all the kids have/had all the Apple products, I just refused to conform lol. I broke down and got an Apple phone and shortly there after I got an Apple Watch. I hate to admit it but I love the watch! That being said, I only wear it during work. The features it provides are very handy while I’m working. After work it comes off and an old fashioned watch goes on. I appreciate the features and would probably buy a new one should the need arise. I’m old school I guess and and don’t feel the need to be “plugged in” 24 hours a day but when I am the Apple Watch has paid for itself personally in its ability to allow me to not always have my phone on my person.

Posts: 448 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine just landed at Ohare a bout 15 minutes ago.

Posts: 683 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my wife an iWatch (gen ???) a few years back. She absolutely loves it. No way would I criticize the OP for getting the latest and greatest. They seem like a really good device.

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I was a hater when the Apple Watch first came out, and then later bought an Apple Watch 3. I absolutely love it; of course I keep an analog watch just in case.

I have a love/hate with the Apple Watch. I have a Series 3 and just ordered a Series 6. I detest the look of these things. In my opinion, they are just horrendous in appearance; sort of like a Fisher-Price My First Watch toy. I refused to get one initially because if I was going to wear something so ugly, it had to have stand-alone cellular - not tethered to a phone. But after I finally gave in and bought one there is absolutely no denying the usefulness for all sorts of things. Function over form in this case.

Posts: 965 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I wish Apple would at least attempt to make the watch look like something other than an awful looking apple thing. Sure I know it does lots of cool stuff but Apple watches are hands down giving Invicta a run for their money in the most ugly watch department. Would it kill Apple to try to make a smart watch that doesn’t look like a mini iPhone?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I've had a gen 3 in stainless for some time now. I put a two tone jubilee band on it right out of the box. It makes it look a little "dressier",
https://www.amazon.com/ImmSss-...%2Caps%2C148&sr=8-13

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I have a Series 1, Gen. 2 and wouldn't be without it. I figured on upgrading to a Series 5 later this year.

Personally, I like the appearance of Apple watches. Then again: While I appreciate traditional analog wrist watches, functionally speaking I prefer square digital watches. Before my Apple Watch was an Asus ZenWatch. Before that was Casio digital watches.

But I use my wrist-mounted-devices for far more than just a watch. Time-keeping has become almost a secondary purpose, for me. The only times I've worn a wrist watch primarily for its time-keeping functions, lately, was when I wore a Casio Sea Pathfinder for sailing races.

Bytes: It's not an "iWatch." "iWatch" is a trade name belonging to somebody else. That's why Apple doesn't, couldn't use it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I have a Gen 4 and absolutely love it. It pairs perfectly to my iPhone 11 and as the operating systems mature, provides more and more cool data.

Be careful though, my wife and my son both broke their watches when they dropped on a hard floor while putting them on. Expensive BoBo

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Wanted to upgrade to a cellular version but the time line to delivery is too long right now. Only want to upgrade to have cellular for when I'm in the water (Pacific Ocean) when work is bothering me. While it sounds cool and techy or nerdy to field work bullshit on my surfboard on a surf break, something I really don't want to do, it is a tech thing that enables me to work more productively.

Is there that big of a difference between series 4 or 5 to the new series 6? I use Apple for my stuff but not an Apple nerd and don't have time to deep dive into the differences. Hoping someone with the Apple knowledge can chime in. I'd heavily appreciate it. I think I could order a Series 5 cellular and get it before my trip but if the 6 is worth it I can wait until I get back and upgrade then.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Bytes: It's not an "iWatch." "iWatch" is a trade name belonging to somebody else. That's why Apple doesn't, couldn't use it.

My bad, the wife corrects me all the time on that. I'm a creature of habit Big Grin I do stand by the device being outstanding.

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I love my iwatch 4. I skipped 5 and I am in the market for a 6. Still have some nice watches for special occasion, but love this watch for fitness and messages etc.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
I have a Gen 4 and absolutely love it. It pairs perfectly to my iPhone 11 and as the operating systems mature, provides more and more cool data.

Be careful though, my wife and my son both broke their watches when they dropped on a hard floor while putting them on. Expensive BoBo

I have an anti-scratch screen protector on my current one and it is in a Supcase, which is very durable and protects the watch. I also think it looks way better than the standard band. I have already ordered both for the 6 I just bought. Here is a link to the band: https://www.supcase.com/collec...pple-watch-40mm-44mm

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:

I have an anti-scratch screen protector on my current one and it is in a Supcase, which is very durable and protects the watch. I also think it looks way better than the standard band. I have already ordered both for the 6 I just bought. Here is a link to the band: https://www.supcase.com/collec...pple-watch-40mm-44mm

I bought a series 2 stainless from a forum member here. I also dropped it when putting it on and the watch face popped open. I used some waterproof rtv and it held together well. Just bought the wife and I series 5 stainless for our anniversary and I love it. I was an Apple hater but after having issues with two androids I came to the dark side with the iPhone 6 and am up to an 11 now. I just ordered that case, for $14 it looks like a bargain.

Posts: 4077 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a gen 4 my wife has a gen 3.

Not engough new features to upgrade from 4 to 6.

The medical sensors in the 7 may be worth the upgrade, I will have to wait and see.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
I have a gen 4 my wife has a gen 3.

Not engough new features to upgrade from 4 to 6.

The medical sensors in the 7 may be worth the upgrade, I will have to wait and see.

I probably would have waited for the 7, but with this latest IOS upgrade for my 3 I did not have enough memory to install it and I have zero music, pictures, audiobooks, etc on my watch. I had to delete almost everything including all Apple Watch Apps that could be deleted to install the upgrade. Then I reinstalled everything. I figure updates will only get bigger so I needed more memory and the 6 seemed to have enough upgrades from the 3 to pull the trigger.