SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dems plan on stacking the court to counter Trump RBG replacement

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Dems plan on stacking the court to counter Trump RBG replacement Login/Join 
posted
Living behing enemy lines half the time in MA I am hearing if Trump replaces RBG and does not get reelected they are going to expand the court and fill it with Lefties.

If they get both houses and the top spot they can do it.

There is no rule on the size of th court.

It has changed several times.

This may be one of the most imortand elections of the Republic.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
They are the ones always talking about "norms" and yet, doing away with the filibuster and packing the court always come from those so sure that norms are important.

That would move us away from a Republic and toward a direct (or parliamentary) democracy, and that sort of a move could cause shooting.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
This belongs in the RBG 'Death Thread' --> https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5260022064

That said, you don't REALLY believe that the Leftist Dems are threatening to 'expand the court and fill it with lefties' JUST BECAUSE Trump will replace RBG do you? They threatened to do that after Kavenaugh, and will pursue TOTAL Power and Control by ANY Means necessary! They're just leftist Democrats doing what Democrats do! Roll Eyes

Need I remind you (In case there was any question), just take a look at any state where the Dems have One-Party TOTAL Control (MA, CA, IL, NY, NJ, etc) and see what has resulted! It's obvious that they absolutely cannot be trusted with absolute power!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
The Democrats aren't going to pack the court. Heck, they may not even control the House after November. These people are insane and may increase the urgency of their revolution, but they are no serious threat even if they controlled Congress and the Presidency...too many Democrats in sane districts.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:

This may be IS one of THE most important election (in history) of the Republic.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yeah, so?

They can and will do a lot of evil things.

And they will push this country into a shooting war.

You act as if they have no consequence for their actions.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Attempts to "stack" or "pack" the court date back to the Roosevelt administration.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
The Democrats aren't going to pack the court. Heck, they may not even control the House after November. These people are insane and may increase the urgency of their revolution, but they are no serious threat even if they controlled Congress and the Presidency...too many Democrats in sane districts.

If they have the White House and congress, the dems absolutely will stack the court. No question about it. I mean, have you not been paying attention? Sane Democrats? They have been nearly united in everything they do the last four years.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I disagree about packing the court. It's an empty boast. The Democrats as a party will not rule nearly as radically as they operate in resistance...they are playing to the crazy wing of the party. Their unity is named Trump.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ I said 100%, but of course I'm just giving my opinion. You may be right that they govern less radically, though I doubt it.

Thankfully we won't have to find out, at least for the next four years... Wink

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I disagree about packing the court. It's an empty boast. The Democrats as a party will not rule nearly as radically as they operate in resistance...they are playing to the crazy wing of the party. Their unity is named Trump.

I respectfully disagree. Starting with Obama, the Dems have gone boldly radical. Recall what Obama did to our healthcare system even when the majority of Americans didn't want it. With Bernie, AOC, Omar,et al being the their national voice, the Dems will be even more bold in their push toward fascism if they regain power.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:

I respectfully disagree. Starting with Obama, the Dems have gone boldly radical. Recall what Obama did to our healthcare system even when the majority of Americans didn't want it. With Bernie, AOC, Omar,et al being the their national voice, the Dems will be even more bold in their push toward fascism if they regain power.

Yup, I can't believe some folks are so quick to forget Obamacare being rammed down our throat. And that was what, 11 years ago, when they were nowhere near as radicalized as they are now. If they manage to take over both the WH and Congress, watch out!

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Obama is already working behind the scenes to destroy our children's education--make it fully indoctrination to Leftism. Tearing down our monuments was only a small part of it--he is pushing the effort to besmirch our Founding Fathers and what they stood for.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

How has that train of thought worked out in California, Oregon, Illinois, etc?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

How has that train of thought worked out in California, Oregon, Illinois, etc?

61 YEAR CALIFORNIA NATIVE HERE. There is no representation of my beliefs left in this state. The republican party is NON existent nor conservatism in any state of control or power over anything here. Marginalized into non existance. The big counties down south LA, Orange, San Diego, Inland Empire and to the North San Fransicso and the bay area control the votes. We who live inland in the country on acerage have no voice and when we did we were overwhelmed with those that wanted a free handout in exchange for their vote for the dems. Thank the founding fathers for the electorial college nationwide... to bad it is not at the state level things would be different. The dems if they win will continue with this same model for the Nation if they can. Oregon, Washington, Colorado and even some areas of Texas my goodness... also some areas of Nevada are infected at different levels with liberalism its a cancer that destroys lives.
Look at Chicago... what a war zone... thanks to the implementation of markism.

HELL YES They will stack the court just as we want to do the same.. DUH!!! it's about control... at all levels.

Trump must win this election but realize that is only 4 years if he does. When 4 years are done what will happen next? The Neutered Republican party is full of a bunch of pussies who have never learned fight as a team. I learned early on there is no such thing as a fair fight. THe war is not over but we are getting out manuvered on many fronts.

Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
In history class in high school (~1984) I remember learning that the Progressive hero FDR used this threat to force the extra-constitutional programs that he wanted to implement. The Supreme Court to that point was ruling his programs as un-constitutional.
After the “switch in time” we started getting deficits, social programs, new & higher taxes and a complete obsolescence of the 10th amendment.

Democrats rule by fear.

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It is my fervent hope that the current leadership of the Democratic Party continue to plan:

Governorships:
R 21
D 29

R 26
D 24

State legislatures (control of both houses by party):
R 14
D 27
Split 8
Non-partisan 1

R 29
D 19
Split 1
Non-partisan 1

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Post this in the existing thread, please.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post