SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Arlington National Cemetery
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arlington National Cemetery Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
I received 3 days of work at my favorite school starting today. The history teacher whom I know well asked if I wanted the days. He never said why he was taking off, and I didn't ask him. As it turns out, his father died 8 months ago and there was finally a date to have him buried at Arlington. I thought that was pretty cool. In his class, I get to watch the Ken Burns series on Vietnam for the 3 days. I have seen the first episode "Deja vu" 3 times today. There could be a lot worse classes than this one. I'm happy to get it, all seniors, have my daughter in the last block. At one time or another most of the seniors have been at my home. There are only 68 of them.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
You’re a better guy than I am. No way would I want to be in a classroom with a bunch of kids. I’d go crazy.

Good luck bro.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
This is a special high school. Marine Biology and Technology. About 700 kids test each year when they are in 8th grade. 70 get in.

Today I found the Obit for Chris's dad. He did 2 tours in Vietnam as a Captain flying a C 34 Evac helicopter. Then flew for American for 25 years. The actual helicopter he flew is in the Marine Museum. I would like to see it one day. The Obit also said it was on the cover of Life Magazine when a famous reported did a story on the Medi-Vac crew. IIRC 1965.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A very nice story. I taught a few programming and database classes in my sons charter high school (did it for two years). It was very refreshing to see high school students that wanted to excel in life. Also, Chris's dad was a hero. Helicopter pilots in Vietnam had big balls.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
You’re a better guy than I am. No way would I want to be in a classroom with a bunch of kids. I’d go crazy.
I think that the kids that rtquig is referring to, are a pretty special bunch. Good kids, motivated to do well.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post