SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In Kansas City for the week
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In Kansas City for the week Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Apologies for not getting back with everyone sooner.

I came to the conclusion that Kansas City BBQ is not for me based on what I had. All of it had chili powder on it and that is not good. Don't know if chili powder is a thing with Kansas BBQ or not or just what I had. Even tried Arthur Bryants.

I want to think everyone for their suggestions.

The best meal I had was a cheeseburger from Granite City that was very good. Luck has it that they have a location in Middle Tennessee.

Thank you,

Verne

Posts: 55 | Location: Middle Tenn | Registered: November 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Want some fun exercise? Head to Chicken n' Pickle.

http://www.chickennpickle.com

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Arthur bryants, while iconic in kc, is terrible bbq compared to other option we have.

Chili powder? What other bbq did you eat? I hope not famous daves!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
So you didn't go to my recommendation then.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe's was very good and worth a visit, Jack Stack's was a bit too nice for my BBQ tastes, the other end of that scale, LC's is your classic shed serving up great burnt ends. The Woodyard I found to be the best of them all, everything that came out was fantastic and I look forward to returning. Gates and Arthur Bryant I felt was highly overrated, the sauce was ok, their meat quality was horrible, brisket overdone, burnt ends hard, the ribs had little meat on them...just an overall negative experience at both places. The only redeeming thing venturing to that neighborhood was the Negro Baseball Museum and Jazz Museum, both housed in the same location.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
LCs is pretty fantastic but 1 spark from a grease fire. Awesome tailgate food b4 a royals game. Never had a bad experience at woodyard either. It was on triple D not too long ago too.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Arthur bryants, while iconic in kc, is terrible bbq compared to other option we have.

Chili powder? What other bbq did you eat? I hope not famous daves!

Chili powder is now a hallmark of KC BBQ. You messed something up, and Famous Dave's is NOT KC BBQ.

Posts: 4154 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
If you like history the Arabia steamboat shipwreck museum is amazing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
So you didn't go to my recommendation then.

The company didn't offer a rental car while I was there and didn't feel like using Uber or taxi since it takes around 2 months to get reimbursed.

They catered lunch from 2 BBQ places but don't remember the names. I also tried some other place around Legends that had BBQ ON the menu but it was not a BBQ place.

To say I have a dislike for chili powder is an understatement.

Verne

Posts: 55 | Location: Middle Tenn | Registered: November 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post