SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Advice from a defense lawyer if you have a CCW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advice from a defense lawyer if you have a CCW Login/Join 
Picture of giz55792
posted
Found this video on one of the YouTube channels I like. He is talking with one of the top defense lawyers in Ohio about what we as permit holders/concealed carriers need to know when we are carrying.

https://youtu.be/OfDY_yqS3oY

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed that video, thanks!

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
People who start very reply with "So...." drive me nuts.

Cheryl Mills, HilLIARy's lawyer and chief of staff did that.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
So?

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
People who start very reply with "So...." drive me nuts.

Cheryl Mills, HilLIARy's lawyer and chief of staff did that.

Then be glad you graduated from law school a long, long time ago.

Every student in my class that answers a Socratic question from the prof begins with "Sooooooooo. . . [while madly flipping pages, and trying to wake computer up from sleep mode]."

I am the only student who begins his answer with asking my contracts professor "Professor ______, are you creating in me the power of acceptance?" Big Grin I'm either going to make it through 1L or go down in a blaze of glory.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
When I was in law school, your grade was whatever you wrote on the exam. Classroom antics were impressive or not, but had no direct impact on your grade. Write good answers on the exam, happy happy, not so good, maybe you should try insurance sales.

We didn't have laptops, of course, or cellphones either. Carrying all those papyrus scrolls was hard enough.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
We didn't have laptops, of course, or cellphones either. Carrying all those papyrus scrolls was hard enough.

Mine was the first class at Maryland Law to matriculate through our entire course in the then-new (current) building. Modern amphitheater-style seating with a high-speed ethernet port and power at each position.

I usually had my notes on one half of my laptop screen and a poker game on the other (Party or Full Tilt). During the summer months, I'd split the poker 50/50 vertically and have whatever Orioles game live streaming on 1/4.

Law school was good.

You old timers and your papyrus scrolls... we did have a few profs make us use their yet-to-be-published texts, which usually came in large three-ring binders with the pagination all screwed up.

At least my class learned a little latin. Did you know the ABA has been pushing schools to do away with the emphasis on "outdated" and "antiquated" latin terms of art?! It's heresy, I tell you!

-Rob

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Carrying all those papyrus scrolls was hard enough.

Hey, the class ahead of ya still had stone tablets, so there's that to be grateful for... Wink

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Those goofy wigs itched, too!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:
Carrying all those papyrus scrolls was hard enough.

Hey, the class ahead of ya still had stone tablets, so there's that to be grateful for... Wink

Now you are just showing your Senility. It was clay tablets with Cuneiform writing using a stylus. Now a days, there is even a niftey google translator.

https://www.paleoaliens.com/event/babylonian/

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I was in law school, your grade was whatever you wrote on the exam. Classroom antics were impressive or not, but had no direct impact on your grade. Write good answers on the exam, happy happy, not so good, maybe you should try insurance sales.

My law school experience was much the same, but we did have the reusable wax tablets.

Those one test/one grade classes were a little nerve-wracking at first.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post