SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tulsa Gun Show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tulsa Gun Show Login/Join 
posted
Me and a buddy are planning to go to the Tulsa gun show in April...For anyone that has been to it, how are guns priced compared to other gun shows or Gunbroker...? Any tips on visiting the show or good places to eat in the area...Thanks in advance..!

Posts: 44 | Registered: May 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Wear comfortable walking shoes and take plenty of cash.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Plan on spending two days.

Cannot comment on prices as I haven't gone in several years.

Beware of the private vendors willing to sell handguns to you even if you do not live in OK.
Had a guy pushing us to buy one of his Remington XP-100s ("no problem") even though we made it clear we were from TX.
Obviously, we passed on the sale.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Me and a friend went many years ago. Yes on the shoes,cash and a couple days to do it right.

Also, if you find something you like for a good price just buy it. Finding the table you walked away from several hours later can prove to be very difficult.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Wear good shoes for the walk from your car to the front door, parking is insane. Prices are mostly outrageous. People here always wait for the "Big" gunshow...and they want top dollar.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
A great experience and the prices were reasonable. I met Buck Taylor there and bought some of his artwork. I recommend the La Quinta nearbt

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been a vendor there for only 8 years (16 shows) and all the advice given is good. I would add that if you see something you like and it's fairly priced, buy it. If it's a good deal, the guy 20 feet behind you will buy it if you hesitate.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bossman:
I've been a vendor there for only 8 years (16 shows) and all the advice given is good. I would add that if you see something you like and it's fairly priced, buy it. If it's a good deal, the guy 20 feet behind you will buy it if you hesitate.

This

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
So the Tulsa Gun Show isn't the type where there's beef jerky, Nazi memorabilia, beanie babies and body odor? Big Grin

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
body odor

There will be body odor.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Great if your looking for niche collector items. I havent been back. But im not in the market.

Watch for loaded guns on tables. Had a friend pop 6 cartridges out of a lever action... he was sorry though...

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jman78
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
So the Tulsa Gun Show isn't the type where there's beef jerky, Nazi memorabilia, beanie babies and body odor? Big Grin

No, those are only the Florida shows. Big Grin

Posts: 178 | Location: St. Petersburg FLorida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Might try to go this year. Need a roadtrip after this winter.

quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
quote:
body odor

There will be body odor.

Not trying to hijack, but go to the Barre, VT, show the first weekend in February. Some of the woodchucks who show up haven't been out of the cabin since before Christmas.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3446 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post