SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Type of Repairman/Contractor can Fix my Stair Handrail?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Type of Repairman/Contractor can Fix my Stair Handrail? Login/Join 
Banned
posted
Not sure who to call. The wood finish on the handrail needs to be touched up. Any ideas who I call?

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
cabinet maker?

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Cabinet makers would be able to, but most paint contractors I know also do staining. You could probably save some money if you can remove it and deliver it to the person who is doing the work.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Since the hardest part of the job will be having to sand the rail down before refinishing, hire a high school kid to do it. It's just labor intensive.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
You need a painter.

Anyone else is going to bork the color match.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Since the hardest part of the job will be having to sand the rail down before refinishing, hire a high school kid to do it. It's just labor intensive.

Jim

Sanding is THE most important job of the entire process of refinishing the hand rail.....you can do unfixable damage that no amount of staining will fix.....you want to be careful to keep the edges correct without rounding them and to keep your flat areas flat......this is no job for a High School kid, if you want it to look right.......

OP= any good painter should be able to refinish it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post