SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    C5 Z06 Increase 0-60 by Half Second?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

C5 Z06 Increase 0-60 by Half Second? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Can you add a launch control system? My new Charger has one. Have played with it much but it looks good so far!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16062 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
If you want a low dollar solution. go with nitrous. Then get it re-tuned or you could blow your motor
A less risky, but more expensive route would be a heads/cam solution.

I can't answer your question in 0-60 times because I don't do drag strips. I run on road courses. I can tell you horsepower changes from modifying my '03 C5 Coupe over the years.

- Headers and cold air intake = +30 rwhp.
- Z06 heads and a medium cam = +75 rwhp.
- Z06 heads, Fast 92mm intake, and a monster cam = +125 rwhp.

All HP numbers were don on a loaded Mustang Dyno.

You can probably find your answer on the Corvette Forum Drag Racing Section.

Hope that helps.

BTW, a half of a second is significant drop in 0-60 times. What are your reaction times?

Posts: 525 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I think you mean 'decrease'.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Since the Tesla can do it, on street tires, wouldn’t the answer be to increase torque at low engine speed? Having beaten a motorcycle to 90mph in my friend’s Tesla I think the answer is to somehow emulate that torque curve.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Since the Tesla can do it, on street tires, wouldn’t the answer be to increase torque at low engine speed? Having beaten a motorcycle to 90mph in my friend’s Tesla I think the answer is to somehow emulate that torque curve.

I don't know what a Tesla weighs but I'm sure it is heavier than the C5Z 3118 lbs. Weight especially over the rear tires is helpful. Case in point look at the C8 min engine 0-60 time 2.8 sec. reported by GM.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2750 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The Tesla is also AWD, IIRC.
Also, its an 'auto' so you're not dealing with getting a good launch with a clutch.
I'm sure it has a suite of electronics keeping the wheels from spinning, too.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15255 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
I am going to follow the advice related to getting better, traction, and improving my skill set as a driver. Thank you all!

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brother:
I am going to follow the advice related to getting better, traction, and improving my skill set as a driver. Thank you all!

See if you can find any posts from a user that went by "Ranger" on Corvette Forum. Back in the day he was getting VERY good 60' and 1/4 mile times out of the C5Z.

I haven't been on there in years. Those posts might be gone by now, but it's worth a look if they're still up.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post