SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    r0gue: Signing-Off
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

r0gue: Signing-Off Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted
My friends,

I'm signing off SF for a while. I'm signing off all forums, but SF is the main one I've been living on.

There's an "opportunity cost" to every hour one spends on something, just like there's an opportunity cost to every dollar one spends. For me, I realized this week how much that cost is. It's too expensive for me at this point in my life.

There's no drama specific to the forum, and no problems here repelling me. I'm drawn somewhere else for all the right reasons. I was going to just move off, but I thought I owned a little explanation. I'm really not fishing for a multi-page farewell. I think I'd prefer not honestly. I just wanted to explain my absence. So many good people -- friends -- here, and I wish you all the very very best.

Posts: 11345 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R0gue. I don’t know you but I know you. Whatever your odyassy is, God speed and return soon to your friends...

Posts: 913 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Understandable. I too have done this on occasion. Have a good respite and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20301 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
May you find the clarity you seek.

God and Para willing, we will be here should you return.

Good luck my friend.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
See you when you get back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your time away. We'll keep a porch light on for you Razz.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Almost five years ago I cancelled cable TV. Opportunity.

Eighteen months ago my electric stove tripped the main breaker. Hauled to the curb, not replaced. Opportunity.

Last week, mercilessly hammered by telemarketers, I changed my OGM and stopped answering my phone. Opportunity.

The more I relinquish, the more I gain.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Understandable. I too have done this on occasion. Have a good respite and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

RMD

Nothing else to add, just wishing to read you again.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Take care, r0gue! Enjoy your ventures!

I'll miss your watch pics!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38590 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
But , but we have Snow-Maggedon here in Ohio.....
Perfect time for forum surfing!! Razz

Be good, it'll be here when you have time!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Have fun and be safe.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can we still email you on questions about watches?

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Take care, friend.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Take care, friend.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23934 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Adios. If nothing else. your signature line something along like "The Pursuit of Less" has grown on me over the years and prepared me for this point in my life.

God be with you.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19577 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I don't know your reason but I understand your written reasons.

Fair winds......

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Fare thee well, for now, r0gue.

I'm spending too much time on-line, myself, of late. But the weather's uncooperative for doing much else. Heck, didn't even get a good enough snow to go out and try some photography, yesterday. So... it's either this or read a book, I guess.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26004 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
rOgue, in trying to meet your request for this not to evolve into a multi page thread I'll keep this simple, but wanted to say that you will be missed. I've appreciated some of your input.

Farewell and good luck with your ventures!

quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Adios. If nothing else. your signature line something along like "The Pursuit of Less" has grown on me over the years and prepared me for this point in my life.

God be with you.

I'll second this.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Good luck in your hiatus.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This is the last post of this thread. Wink

Q

Posts: 26197 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post