SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mall Ninja dads!!! A tactical baby carrier, seriously!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mall Ninja dads!!! A tactical baby carrier, seriously! Login/Join 
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted
I was looking for some information on an AR lower and hit a blog website with a review.

Of course, it is free, but is paid for via advertising.

I saw this ad:
TBG Tactical Baby Carrier (Coyote Brown)

PLEASE NOTE that I am not associated with the blog nor the product/company!

This is the picture:

Definitely something to add to your mini-van!

Smile

James in Denver

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Molle ('mall') baby. Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That's not bad, but I like the one I have from Mission Critical. Wink

https://www.missioncritical.cc/products/babycarrier

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Are those Kevlar with a plate?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Recently had a baby. I very briefly considered this, just because.

But then I realized I didn't want to walk around like a tactical poser dork with a baby strapped to my chest.

We got a standard one (non-tacticool) and we've probably only used it twice.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, those carriers suck - I think every new parent gets them for the first kid, but by the second time around it’s been collecting dust in the closet for years.

Confining, hot, PITA to put on, and just not really useful. Easier to pop a small stroller out and push their asses around - yeah yeah, I know some people are doing tactical hiking / movement to contact with their infants, but we certainly never did.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Women pop them out after nine months for a reason, and people wanna strap 'em back on?

Pop 'em out, put wheels on, and push on.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah, those carriers suck - I think every new parent gets them for the first kid, but by the second time around it’s been collecting dust in the closet for years.

Confining, hot, PITA to put on, and just not really useful. Easier to pop a small stroller out and push their asses around - yeah yeah, I know some people are doing tactical hiking / movement to contact with their infants, but we certainly never did.

Exactly right on every point.

Stroller or just carrying is much easier.

Before having the baby, I had visions that I'd be wearing this thing with the baby in it, but the baby hates it and I hate it.

Just getting the baby into it is a hassle, then once the baby is in it, baby hates it, which makes me have to clumsily remove the baby from the thing to stop the baby from crying, which leads to more crying because I might get the baby snagged on a strap or something. It ultimately lead to me just carrying the baby and throwing the carrier in the closet.

Maybe I can repurpose it to carry beers/tools or something.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
*Baby not included. Smile

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Exactly right on every point.

Stroller or just carrying is much easier.

Before having the baby, I had visions that I'd be wearing this thing with the baby in it, but the baby hates it and I hate it.

Just getting the baby into it is a hassle, then once the baby is in it, baby hates it, which makes me have to clumsily remove the baby from the thing to stop the baby from crying, which leads to more crying because I might get the baby snagged on a strap or something. It ultimately lead to me just carrying the baby and throwing the carrier in the closet.

Maybe I can repurpose it to carry beers/tools or something.

They're useful for traveling, particularly mothers that have to travel alone (and fathers for that matter). My wife has actually used hers quite a bit when going back and forth to France, even when I'm traveling with her. It's handy especially when you have to get off the plane and rush to your next connection.

But I agree on the previous points for the most part; I have one and have only used it a handful of times.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pediatrician said the spread legs in those carriers (and the bouncy door things) is bad for the babies pelvis. The twenty foot long wrap is supposed to be better as you can wrap it sized to your baby. So sez the wife.

I just carried the baby in my left arm, or more normally used the carrier half of the car seat. That worked better than anything, and there’s a place to have the baby safe but not interfere with doing things.

I used a small Tactical Tailor (IIRC) medic bag with a waist belt to carry baby supplies. It was more than big enough. Realistically I never needed more than 2-3 diapers (and the same number of quart ziplocks plus a gallon to double bag), a ziplock of wipes, a washcloth as a towel, a couple pacifiers, a neck to toe one piece (jumpsuit-style) and a single bottle for baby chow. If I needed more than that there was resupply in the car. Never needed more for 4 hours. And how often are you out and dragging a baby around for more than 4 hours?

Posts: 517 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post