SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Social media sucks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Social media sucks Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Why aren't there "social media" that are run by conservative billionaires? Or, at least "fair-and-balanced" ones. Confused

Unfortunately I believe that if a competing platform arose (conservative or not) that began to threaten FB or Twitter's stranglehold they would just be bought out.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I use FB to keep in contact with many friends as well as a few of the knife makers I like. I've snagged some great deals on Krein, Hinderer and a few others , Thanks to my FB pages.

I DELETE the political BS, same with any friends who get too political. Makes FB a much happier experience.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Why aren't there "social media" that are run by conservative billionaires? Or, at least "fair-and-balanced" ones. Confused

Unfortunately I believe that if a competing platform arose (conservative or not) that began to threaten FB or Twitter's stranglehold they would just be bought out.

Ok, I'm stupid, please educate me. How are they going to be bought out, if the owners refuse to sell? Just take a look at the forum you're posting on right now.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
The only social media I ever used was Facebook. I was on for a year or two then deleted my account. Not because of the security issues or the ethical problems with Facebook censoring conservative viewpoint - although those problems are manifold. I got off Facebook because Facebook is so fucking lame.

No one cared about the stuff I posted, if I posted at all.

I didn't care about the crap other people posted.

I got sick of seeing all the narcissistic selfie posts.

It goes on and on and on. Friggin' lame facebook is.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post