SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I quit my job on Thursday
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I quit my job on Thursday Login/Join 
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
Sounds like he was a TE or ptf or whatever they call them these days. I doubt the lack of a notice will ever come back to haunt him but you never know. My dad was so happy to get out of the USPS when he retired. The supervisors worked very hard to make that place miserable as most of them had no clue how the processing and delivery of the mail actually worked so they focused their energy elsewhere.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Crazy, and just think we pay these jerks salary.
In all my working years I never had a bad supervisor.
Would not have worked for a jerk like that.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedmd:
The supervisors worked very hard to make that place miserable as most of them had no clue how the processing and delivery of the mail actually worked so they focused their energy elsewhere.

They sure as hell didn't have a clue. They were carriers 20+ years ago. They would say they could finish a route in a certain amount of time. Of course they never mentioned how routes grew in size and how 20+ years ago people weren't buying everything online. Convenient amnesia is what I would call it.

Posts: 13104 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Good luck. I hate people who just want to make other people's lives miserable at work.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19656 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by armedmd:
The supervisors worked very hard to make that place miserable as most of them had no clue how the processing and delivery of the mail actually worked so they focused their energy elsewhere.

They sure as hell didn't have a clue. They were carriers 20+ years ago. They would say they could finish a route in a certain amount of time. Of course they never mentioned how routes grew in size and how 20+ years ago people weren't buying everything online. Convenient amnesia is what I would call it.

I love it when motherfuckers come from District, always in a pair, or in a fuckn' powwow.
If I need to combine my splits, why don't we combine your jobs? Useless assholes.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
Have a buddy or two that worked for the post office; your account and theirs' pretty well match up.

I'll offer up a tidbit I learned years ago...a boss you work with instead of for is worth holding onto. May your next supervisor be one of those.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
In 4 years of working at the Post Office I had two supervisors that were good. The environment does not desire to develope good leaders. One of 2 worst work experiences in my life. My experience was also that the “best” supervisors had been incompetent in their crafts.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3693 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post