SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First grader sent to Principals office for "misgendering" classmate
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First grader sent to Principals office for "misgendering" classmate Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
Called the little boy by the name she knew him as last year, he reported her, teacher sent her to Principal to get her straightened out. California, naturally.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion...-fellow-student.html

Posts: 26900 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Make it stop. Please.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
This country is getting so F$^ked up. Absolutely nothing to be surprised about here any more.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
The parents of that little boy need to be arrested for child abuse.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Preach it brother. Friggin idiots.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
If I was that little girl you guys would be collecting donations to bail me out of jail for trying to slap the stupid out of the teacher and principal. Transgender issues have NO place in that level of school.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's the fuckin' school.

Earlier days ago, this is the same school that had a transgender "lesson" in a KINDERGARTEN class. Confused and mind-fucked many of the kids. A big school meeting with parents resulted, many of them pissed off.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
These are 5-6 year old kids we are talking about here. Please God, let them be kids!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Sent to the principal's office for...re-education.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Talk about getting lost in their own bullshit. Since when are adults running a kindergarden not responsible for remembering that the kids they're teaching are in freakin' kindergarden?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
And people wonder why we home school.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where's that GD comet. It needs to hurry up

Posts: 4760 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I often use the wrong pronoun genders unintentionally in the work place.

I'd be in trouble then.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
And people wonder why we home school.

This can be an excellent choice.
1. The opportunity for a better education
2. It hits public education locally by reducing funding.

Silent

Posts: 1025 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
OMG What a crock of shit!
And the parents were told they COULDN'T opt their kid out of the training!

So does it use the girls or boys bath room?

What if it decides tomorrow that it wants to be a boy again? And how many times a week can it change? Can it be a boy in the AM and a Girl in the PM? And what responsibility does it have to, and how, does it warn the other students what gender it has currently decided to assume.

God help us...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silent:

Sadly, no, it doesn't. Everyone pays, whether you have children in the school system or not.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I often use the wrong pronoun genders unintentionally in the work place.

I'd be in trouble then.
I wouldn't be using them unintentionally. If they don't like the pronoun that reflects how they were born, I guess I'd use their name instead.

Rightwire, I may be mistaken, but I think you menat to write "If I was the father of that little girl....".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Sadly, no, it doesn't. Everyone pays, whether you have children in the school system or not.

Yes, it does; at least the state funding portion of basic education. Most basic education money (as opposed to local bonds & M and O levies) is dispensed on the basis of the number of Full-Time-Equivalent students. Generally on the first of specified months districts submit student FTE counts to the state. The state in turn distributes money back to the district based on these counts. This helps explain why many districts establish homeschool partnerships with local home school parents. By so doing the district can then claim the time that those homeschool students spent receiving educational support from the district. Thus retrieving back a portion of fte dollars.

Even a small homeschool presence (or private school options) can mean the loss of tens of thousands of dollars to the local district in state basic education funding.

Silent

Posts: 1025 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Here we get the added bonus of dealing with a school district which has been consistently nasty, uncooperative, and ignores State laws.

They are always asking for more money, which they will promptly put to waste if they get it.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Where's that GD comet. It needs to hurry up

Nuclear war doesn't sound so bad now does it?

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post