SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Styx is going to unite us with music
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Styx is going to unite us with music Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Eventually they'll learn nothing ever goes as planned...

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'd more inclined to go see them than say, Springsteen or the Dixie Chicks.

Just my take on it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
AT least they are smart enough not to go out of their way to piss off half of their potential audience.
"Hey, we'll take money from both sides of this divide!"

True. Better than what so many other entertainers are doing these days, i.e., fellating the left, and not a bad marketing ploy.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
We could have a huge concert to save the world and call it Live Aid......

Hmm, it's just crazy enough to have no effect.

Live Aid had a profound effect on me. To this day, I gag when I hear "We Are the World". Can't turn it off fast enough.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They had a secret this whole time! Razz

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
They should start by bringing back Dennis DeYoung on vocals.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Isn't Styx the fifth circle of Hell, where the wrathful fight each other and, together with the sullen, are punished by being drowned over and over again for eternity?

quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
We could have a huge concert to save the world and call it Live Aid......

Yeah, but Freddie Mercury and Queen ROCKED that gig (see about 3:00, Radio GAGA). As Henry Rollins, a media maven said "It was the Nuremberg rallies with a band."

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
If they aren't bringing Dennis DeYoung back, it's just poo poo talk.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:

This is what I was gonna say. They could at least mend fences with him.

My wife and I went to see Dennis DeYoung late last year and he said on stage that he stays away from speaking about politics on stage. He got a huge ovation for it.

That concert was fantastic, very entertaining.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Gunga-galunga. So we got that goin' for us....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

So... they are going to unite the rest of us with their music but uniting their own band is a bridge too far? Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

So... they are going to unite the rest of us with their music but uniting their own band is a bridge too far? Roll Eyes

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post