SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    El Chapo's son arrested by Mexican Police only to be released when the town is attacked by the cartel with heavy wepons
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

El Chapo's son arrested by Mexican Police only to be released when the town is attacked by the cartel with heavy wepons Login/Join 
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
What a shithole.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
And I used to enjoy Puerto Vallarta annually at Thanksgiving. No mas!!!

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that the greatest external threat to the security of the US is not Russia. Or China.
Its Mexico.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I believe that the greatest external threat to the security of the US is not Russia. Or China.
Its Mexico.

Hmmm...nah, it's China.

In some ways though, I would consider Mexico an internal threat.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I visited some border cities many years ago, when my parents lived in southern Arizona. Have no desire to revisit any of those places. In 2007 I did a Caribbean cruise that went to Tulum. It was OK, but once is enough. I have absolutely no intention of making any forays into other parts of Mexico. I'm not a "beach" person, and even if I were there are lots of excellent ones here in the good ol' USA.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took a few trips to San Luis Potosi for business in 2017, 4 2-week trips I think. SLP is like "Detroit, Mexico" lots of automotive stuff going on and getting bigger. It was OK, I pretty much stayed around the hotel area (Hilton and Conrad) which was fine. Someone from our plant or a company driver would take me to and from work.

But I did see Federales in the blue pickups with roll cages and two guys standing in the bed with .30 cal rifles (looked like FAL but not sure).

Not a high crime town, but it's in the middle of Mexico and the trafficking from South America goes straight through it.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post