SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    El Chapo's son arrested by Mexican Police only to be released when the town is attacked by the cartel with heavy wepons
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

El Chapo's son arrested by Mexican Police only to be released when the town is attacked by the cartel with heavy wepons Login/Join 
posted
We need open borders so we can get in on the fun."Democrats are crazy" Look at the weapons the cartel has available.Lots of photos here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...os-son-detained.html

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No doubt the gangsters had some firepower on the streets, but at least one of the gun trucks (if there were multiple) was stopped and driver / gunner both killed.

Somebody was providing at least a little defense at some point. Not disagreeing with our need for better Border Control.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Mexico is a failed State at this point. This action proves that when the going gets tough, they will cede control to the narcos as usual. You couldnt pay me enough to step foot in that shithole for even 2 minutes.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Maybe instead of apprehending dangerous drug cartel members, they should just shoot them on the spot and leave. At some point, the real cartel will start an open war that the military can deal with... unless the military is heavily in the cartel employ.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
This is more about Mexico's failure to be able to govern itself than open/closed borders.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
This is more about Mexico's failure to be able to govern itself than open/closed borders.

Exactly, not really an open border issue IMO.
Too much corruption in Mexi-government regarding the Cartels.
Their government can't really compete or just don't want to. Frown

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ Apparently, allegedly, the government and the military are paid off by the cartels.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
there is SO MUCH money to spread around.
Even if you were not willing to take a bribe, you'd be screwed because 3/4 of your office or bosses would already be on the take.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
The next installment of the "Snake" Plissken movies should be called "Escape from Mexico". While once an OK vacation destination, sadly, the current state of the country unfortunately reminds me of the first two movies. The criminals are running the country with impunity and on their terms.

Build the wall indeed.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've personally never been attracted to visiting, vacationing, or even retiring in Mexico. Cheap booze, cheap women, cheap food, cheap dope......they can sell it to someone else.

Build the wall.

<><

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Did anyone see the ".50 caliber sniper rifle" they kept referring to? I saw an M2 in one of the photos, an RPG and AKs in abundance, but I didn't catch a .50 rifle. I didn't watch the videos, however.

Can anyone confirm if they spotted one in there, or was it just sloppy reporting?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
I shut off the website. Everytime I open the Dailymail, it is so slow to respond and appears overly bloated with 1,000s of constantly changing ads that must be loaded before it responds to anything else.

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
I shut off the website. Everytime I open the Dailymail, it is so slow to respond and appears overly bloated with 1,000s of constantly changing ads that must be loaded before it responds to anything else.

I've been using uBlock Origin for a while w/ Firefox and its been pretty quick on all sites

<><

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Did anyone see the ".50 caliber sniper rifle" they kept referring to? I saw an M2 in one of the photos, an RPG and AKs in abundance, but I didn't catch a .50 rifle. I didn't watch the videos, however.

Can anyone confirm if they spotted one in there, or was it just sloppy reporting?

I didn't see anyone carrying a .50 cal, there were some shots of at least two on trucks....nothing hand held though that I found so far.

<><

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

I didn't see anyone carrying a .50 cal, there were some shots of at least two on trucks....nothing hand held though that I found so far.

I saw one where a guy was employing what appeared to be a .50 cal -Barrett-type rifle- prone position in the street.

That is the craziest situation I have read about Mexico in a long time.

Pretty much anarchy.

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/uBQfoTnfxA4

at about the 1:10 mark

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:

Yeah, AdBlock Plus shows 183 -- that's one hundred eighty three! -- ads blocked while trying to load the page.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Exactly, not really an open border issue IMO.
Too much corruption in Mexi-government regarding the Cartels.
Their government can't really compete or just don't want to. Frown

Correct. No way I would visit there. The last company that I previously worked for had multiple plants in Mexico. Company provided instruction (far beyond don’t drink the water) and protection to and from the plant locations.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Silver or Lead?

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It’ll be the next country we invade to set shit right. Think of it as the Stan south..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post