SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tim Kennedy: "19 Year Olds Should Not Own AR-15s"
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tim Kennedy: "19 Year Olds Should Not Own AR-15s" Login/Join 
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
The pussy is in reference to his capitulating to the anti gun crowd in some half assed attempt to draw them to our side.

Certainly his military accomplishments gain him much respect, but it ends there.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
He's also a former Green Beret that has served this country in combat. He gets my respect for that, even if I disagree with him.
Yeah, well, what do all the other Green Berets- past and present- think about the Second Amendment? How about Navy SEALs? Delta Force?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a supposed advocate, Kennedy fails to understand/comprehend/articulate that gun owners have made countless 'compromises' to the 2nd: the two NFAs, FOPA, '84 AWB, various state bans, etc... The anti's are dictating the discussion and Kennedy fell right into their trap.
He says he wants to have a discussion with them..then do so, quit accommodating their platform and start taking a stand. The recent Colin Noir podcast interview with Joe Rogan, he does just that. Rogan asks him about various laws and Noir stops him and pounds his point about the need to deal with mental health and prescribed medication oversight instead of criminalizing law abiding citizens and making points in the culture wars. Kennedy is a fighter/soldier/shooter, he's a horrible interview and he fell into the leftists trap by accommodating their demands.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
What he can't see is that his compromise sets a principle that the 2nd amendment can be qualified. Once that is acceptable, it no longrr a right, it is permission. Permission can be denied.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
But they can roam the earth, with real military weapon systems, protecting our freedom and the world from tyrants and evil. Makes perfect sense.

Never heard of this guy either, he should think before speaking - as in STFU.

And Lance the Juicer, cheater and liar extraordinaire, can go fuck himself. Like he has any moral ground - who even listens to people like him?

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I still do not understand how this matters

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Because media interview platforms are reaching out to various shooting/fighting personalities to get the perspective from 'gun-experts'. Kennedy is familiar within the SOF community and the MMA community ergo he must be 'an expert on firearms'. This interview shows how out-of-step Kennedy is with private firearm owners. For the anti's, they'll hold him up, and say 'see, this guy agrees with us'.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And? Tell me how this makes any actual difference.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:

It shouldn't. TK is a guy just like anyone else, except he is a bit more famous than some of us. Unfortunately, he used his celebrity to further "his" view on the topic of who should be allowed to own an AR-15. Corsair has a pretty good summation of how it helps the anti's.

Sometimes people latch on to guys like TK in almost a cult like fashion. They take his words to be the be all/end all on what is or should be. While he may have been relevant at one point, to me, he may as well slink off to obscurity. He is all that is wrong with a growing portion of gun owners.

He'd rather give up the rights of others to keep his own. Seems to me, he needs a history lesson.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Funny he was interviewed by one of the biggest liars and frauds of all time, Lyin’ Lance Armstrong.

Fuck both of them.

Exactly. Why would anyone pay attention to a Lance Armstrong podcast where two idiots are discussing our rights and freedoms. If I want to learn how to dope, so I could win races i wasn't going to win, I might check out the Armstrong podcast. As for Mr kennedy, he gets one vote, just like me.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
It shouldn't.
It doesn't.

"Some guy says something."

Were any laws changed as a result? Will legislation now be introduced by someone somewhere because some guy supports further restrictions on the Second Amendment? It just doesn't work like that, so, again, I ask- how does any of this matter?

For those of you who knew who this nobody is, you may be pissed off at his remarks and feel he's a traitor, but tell me- what has changed and what will change as a result of some guy who beats on people for a living making some remark about something that has nothing to do with his profession?

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
By itself, this doesn't matter in the same way a drop of water doesn't matter. I think the Left is trying to change the culture one drop at a time until there is a torrent of demand to act which establishes principles for further action. It is the nature of Progressivism. I prefer to resist a drop.

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Resist it all you like, and call me when it actually matters. If you guys want to fight every opposing opinion, you're gonna be too busy for the rest of your life to do anything else. You will be busy beyond belief. Better pack a lunch.

You think he should agree with us, but he doesn't. What are you going to do? There's nothing to be done.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Well, in spite of how it may read, I am not emotionally invested so it doesn't overwhelm to resist within my sphere of influence. I use this forum to work out my arguments and ideas before presenting them to the enemies of liberty and their thick headed apologists. I don't swat every drop. Just the ones that pass near by. Big Grin It's just a hobby.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by onegeek:
Who is Tim Kennedy, and why should I care that he is s pussy?

Maybe he could run the UT ‘I’m a pussy and you should be one too’ program.

Come on man, Tim Kennedy may be a lot of things, but a “pussy”? No.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Kennedy_(fighter)

He’s willing to deny rights to others, rights that he has sworn to uphold.

Posts: 506 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
All Tim Kennedy's opinion tells me, is that there are Statists in the military. Shocker.

He can take his opinion and shove it, no matter his service to the Constitution, which he pledged to serve, if he was paying attention.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post