SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tim Kennedy: "19 Year Olds Should Not Own AR-15s"
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tim Kennedy: "19 Year Olds Should Not Own AR-15s" Login/Join 
Picture of Poacher
posted
I was reading an Instagram post from him about the "blue cord", and guys were lighting him up about fucking over the 2A on Lance Armstrongs podcast.
So I says to myself, self, you should listen to that podcast. Stunned I am that a guy who sells himself as American George Washington and pro second amendment as Charlton Heston and he sodomizes law abiding people live and in living color.
WTF, even "special forces" guys are giant non constitution backing pussies?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/po...492?mt=2&i=407039113

http://timkennedymma.com/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Poacher,

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I had a M-16 when I was 17...

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who is Tim Kennedy, and why should I care that he is s pussy?

Maybe he could run the UT ‘I’m a pussy and you should be one too’ program.

Posts: 517 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Me too....I first qualified with an M16A1 when I was 17 years old

quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:

M16... Shit I was putting .308's at around 700 rpm downrange at 17 Wink

Not to mention grenades and anti-tank rockets Big Grin

Tim Kennedy needs to learn how to fly a plane. He doesn't need to learn how to land it though...

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
Here the video of the interview. The remark was made at around the 11:55 mark. They start discussing guns at 5:18.

https://youtu.be/h83fpCZQFT8?t=5m18s

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I need to email him and thank him- for the excellent 18th birthday present idea for both of my kids. I sent him this-

“Tim- I have been mulling over what to get my kids for their 18th birthday’s; after seeing your Armstrong interview, I now have my inspiration. Each will receive a new AR-15. Thanks for the suggestion; I have been wondering what to get them and your comments have sealed the deal.”

If anyone else would like to...

tim@rangerup.com

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
They should not vote until 21 either.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I saw to it that each of my nephews had an AR-15 on their 18th birthday. They're all productive citizens. Kennedy and Armstrong can FOAD.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I had an M16 at 18, and was qualified on the M60 w/I a year...

Fuck that guy!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onegeek:
Who is Tim Kennedy, and why should I care that he is s pussy?

Maybe he could run the UT ‘I’m a pussy and you should be one too’ program.

Come on man, Tim Kennedy may be a lot of things, but a “pussy”? No.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Kennedy_(fighter)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
My boys had ARs before 18. I controlled them at all times, but the Jr DFs had full access to them any time I was home. We exercised proper safety methods and I monitored them while handling their guns and mine. Until they were 18, each time they asked to have access, I drilled them on the rules and what to do if a gun comes out at a friend's house.....although as they approached 18 I was less strict on that discussion. To this day each Jr DF clears a weapon upon receipt and before handing to another person. No fingers in the trigger guard. Muzzle discipline is natural and they are vigilant when guns come out. I don't even have to nag anymore. Big Grin All because they were trained BEFORE 18.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I don't know Tim Kennedy from Ted Kennedy. But anyone who is anti 2nd Amendment, in my book is a pussy.

Don't care how tough you are or bad ass you are, there is always going to be someone tougher and bad asser... Also you might come across several 2-3 or more predators...

Most of us rely on a firearm for protection for ourselves and our families... like someone once said "Its the equalizer."

An 18-20 year old has every right to own an AR to defend themselves and their families.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
So he knows how to fight with his fists. Conversely maybe he's been hit in the head a few too many times. This in a podcast from a steroid-abusing cheater.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
At 17 I was qualified on a number of weapons.

M1 Garand
45 pistol
M3 sub machine gun
30 cal machine gun
50 BMG
BAR
Bazooka
40(?)mm grenade launcher

Like virtually everyone else in the unit was qualified.

My daughter was "qualified" on my 357 Smith & Wesson pistol. Wife was qualified on lever action 30-30. My daughter routinely carries a 38 Special when she leaves her house.

As to this schmuck Time Kennedy, who GAS what he thinks (assuming he can actually think) anyway?

But then he is just another semi-educated schmuck. Similar to those who think the USA fought against France in WW2.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Never heard of the guy until today.

A Google search reveals that he refers to himself as a Ranger and a Green Beret. When I was in you were one or the other and one didn't refer to themselves as the other. Ever.

He also says in an interview the he was never a Private and went "straight into Special Forces". Confused

Unless things have changed, this guy is full of shit.

It would be interesting to see his 214 to see what else he's lying about.

Posts: 20084 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
AR-15? Meh. When I was 19 I was playing with Regulus missiles.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Never heard of the guy until today.

A Google search reveals that he refers to himself as a Ranger and a Green Beret. When I was in you were one or the other and one didn't refer to themselves as the other. Ever.

He also says in an interview the he was never a Private and went "straight into Special Forces". Confused

It would be interesting to see his 214 to see what else he's lying about.

http://www.ranger.org/Resource...RA%20Bio%20Sheet.pdf

I guess the US Army Ranger Association is full of it as well?

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
he was never a Private and went "straight into Special Forces". Confused

yep Confused. Wouldn't it be fun if this honyock whoever or whatever he is got lynched on the web cuz he makes stuff up? no boot camp, so he knows how to make his rack in a militry manner, he got his shots at home, he's profecient in nomenclature, military traditions and all the foolishness that make a cohesive unit. He qualifies with one of the specialties that are required of SF soldiers? I wasn't in the army, so all I can do is shake my head but I don't believe this clown for a second. And who is he again because I'm already out of caring.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

He as full of shit at the Christmas turkey!

My grandson was one of less than a hand full who went into SF "selection" straight out of his basic training. And he made it!

I cannot think of any way this asshole may have been SF without basic training, and only then if he was "spectacular" in basic, with the recommendations of his command staff.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post