SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My son's addiction
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My son's addiction Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
There is nothing you can do. Our experience - the less involved we were, the more progress was made. Addicts are great at manipulating people to enable them. A change of location just means a new group of friends. We did that too.
It sucks. Accept free will. Nothing you can do.

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sad to hear of your son and his problems and the sorrow and pain you're feeling as you anguish over his current challenge and how much he has lost. In my experience dealing with separate children who have suffered spinal cord injuries the only advice I can give you is to ask God to carry your burden.

As far as your son is concerned: I agree that money spent on his behalf is likely wasted until he determines to improve his life. One last thing. YOU CAN'T TRUST AN ADDICT.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I hate to hear such a sad tale. It must be very hard accepting that in your offspring. However, he was not the only one who failed. You and I and the rest of this nation has failed by our allowing the medical profession including pharmacologists to prescribe such addictive narcotics when other choices were available.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my cousin david could not put up with all of the "help" to get him to get off drugs so he just up and moved to L.A..

he never did get clean , died at 40 y.o. on the streets, 8 years later the L.A.P.D. sent her confirmation of his death, from massive heart attack.

now there are two almost in laws fighting the curse. both have been in rehab twice.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54624 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post