SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Motorcycle rider beheaded after riding into wire stretched across the road...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Motorcycle rider beheaded after riding into wire stretched across the road... Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
http://www.latimes.com/local/l...-20170412-story.html

A motorcycle rider has been decapitated in a freak accident in San Bernardino.

Authorities say 27-year-old Fabian Zepeda was killed Tuesday morning when he drove into a wire stretched across a road from a snapped utility pole.

Police told the Riverside Press-Enterprise that minutes earlier, a driver had lost control of a Ford Taurus, which hit a mailbox and ran across a lawn.

Coroner's officials say the car then hit a wooden telephone pole that snapped in half, and a wire fell across Macy Street.

Zepeda drove into it and was beheaded.

Police say the Taurus driver didn't appear to be intoxicated and wasn't immediately arrested, pending further investigation.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
awful

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Good Lord. Sounds like a scene from "Final Destination."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Damn, and just 27 yr old. Wonder if he had a family. At least it was quick and done.

Talk about bad luck and long odds.
If the wire would of been hanging a foot lower and caught the handlebars or a foot higher and maybe clipped his helmet he might have lived.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Man you get up in the morning and you just never know whats coming your way, for better or worse, or way worse.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
What an awful thing to happen. We just got reminded, life is uncertain.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Wow! What a freak accident... RIP young man.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
No matter how careful you may be, dangers can lurk anywhere. Far too young.

Reminded me of another...6 years ago, during a heavy storm, and only 2 blocks away from my house, a motorcyclist died when a tree uprooted and fell on him. He was a couple blocks from home.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Wow, talk about bad timing or wrong place wrong time. Sympathy to his family.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Fabian...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... horrible.

Prayers for his family ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just after sunrise, I was cruising a rural lane on my beat when I saw a brand new Sportster lying in the ditch. A short distance from the bike was the biker, dead. No skid marks. Perfect weather. Good roadway. Little traffic.
It was a mystery until I saw a small bit of brown fur stuck to the headlight. A soccer field was next to the crash site and lying on the field was a dead Whitetail Deer.
Mystery solved. Deer strike.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Just after sunrise, I was cruising a rural lane on my beat when I saw a brand new Sportster lying in the ditch. A short distance from the bike was the biker, dead. No skid marks. Perfect weather. Good roadway. Little traffic.
It was a mystery until I saw a small bit of brown fur stuck to the headlight. A soccer field was next to the crash site and lying on the field was a dead Whitetail Deer.
Mystery solved. Deer strike.

I had a very similar experience, doing a similar job.

I'm in the Cascade Mountains, go around a turn in the highway and see a black Sportster laying on the side of the highway, in about 1ft of water. It still had steam rolling off the engine.

I found the rider, sitting on his butt, all disheveled and scuffed up, about a hundred yards down the highway.

I asked if he was ok, and he looked up, laughed, and in a heavy Russian accent said " I go very very fast yaa" "road wet, too fast, not so good"

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I saw the thread title, I thought it was going to be a story about someone deliberately stretching a wire across the road. Not that the outcome is any better, but at least it was an accident instead of intentional.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Wow, sounds like the opening scene to a 'Supernatural' episode.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Good Lord. Sounds like a scene from "Final Destination."

Actually a scene from the Counselor, although in hatfilm it was intentionally done.

Very sad.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
That is horrible, and more than a bit chilling. When I was kid I remember a comic book that stuck with me - was "weird tales" type about a WWI motorcycle messenger on a Harley that had the same thing happen, but continued with his mission despite losing the head. That story gave nightmares for a long time so this story seems especially gruesome and sad.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in about 1986 a guy I worked with, who I knew pretty good, was riding his Gold Wing right a dark. He did not see a farmer who pulled out in front of him on his tractor, pulling a farm wagon.
My friend drove up under the back of the wagon and the bed decapitated him.
That guy told me one day, Don't wear denim pants while driving a motorcycle. He said, when I did, and laid my bike down, I slide down the road for quite a ways, then I picked denim out of my hide for a long painful time....wear leather pants.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
When I saw the thread title, I thought it was going to be a story about someone deliberately stretching a wire across the road.

The word “stretched” in the title does give that impression of deliberate action.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
You'd be amazed at what appears in front of motorcyclists and tries to kill us.

For me it was a 1978 Mercury Marquis.

Suddenly there. Wham!

Faster than that even.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post