SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daniel Defense and “Fix NICS Act”
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daniel Defense and “Fix NICS Act” Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neel:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
Well, Marty just performed an About, Face!

Yes he did, now the question is whether it was done after realizing the gravity of what he said or after his accounts receivable person predicted his future bottom line.

Or he honestly didn't realize the negative and unfair effect the bill would have on veterans.

My initial thoughts on the bill were that is was mostly harmless until I read some of the feedback.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I have to give him credit for a change of mind and the quick, public announcement of that change.
Sometimes, it takes a big man to admit he's wrong.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
what is there to 'fix' in the system that wouldn't be cured by people actually doing their jobs in the first place

we don't need more laws - they have demonstrably failed in the past

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Government bureaucrats doing their jobs?

Confused

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
.....his repeated actions, ( the recent lay off of about half his company - many of whom were veterans and now his support for this bill, ) don't really mesh.

I expect the layoffs were an economic necessity to keep the company alive and preserve the jobs of the remaining employees. The recent drop in firearms sales in general and AR's in particular means the demand for his products has shrunk a lot.

Now with the raft of proposed new laws, maybe we'll see another spike in sales.

Posts: 1571 | Location: SW PA | Registered: November 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cycler:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
.....his repeated actions, ( the recent lay off of about half his company - many of whom were veterans and now his support for this bill, ) don't really mesh.

quote:
I expect the layoffs were an economic necessity to keep the company alive and preserve the jobs of the remaining employees. The recent drop in firearms sales in general and AR's in particular means the demand for his products has shrunk a lot.

To an extent, but how they went about it was rather deceptive and abrupt, despite their claims otherwise. However, this has already been hashed out and I don't wish to derail the OP's thread.

quote:
Now with the raft of proposed new laws, maybe we'll see another spike in sales.

Around here, that spike has came and went.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
The Texas church shooting showed us that there are problems with the system. However, I also understand this will negatively hurt veterans.

How do we fix the system without creating a system that then keeps people from their 2nd amendment rights.

I have friends who toss out that gun registration should be like car registration. that will fix it.

really?

My professor friend and her son were murdered by a multi DUI scumbag in a car who had has his license taken away for life. What I read was they do not issue life bans on licenses anymore in Virginia but his was still valid so lets review:
a) should not have been the driver of any vehicle ever.
b) should not have been speeding and
c) he should not have been driving while intoxicated.

Hooray for car registration and keeping my friend alive. She is dead and her teenage son, and a family shattered because evil people will walk right through any laws you have.

More gun laws will not fix mass shootings anymore than your auto laws will keep drunk driving from happening. In some cases the laws create more violence (al capone for the win).

I do not know what the solution is, better enforcement of the current laws, teaching people to be accountable, or maybe a general fear that there really is a hell. I dont know.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post