New
Find
Notify
Tools

liberal terms Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted
is navel gazing a liberal term? just wondering, as i've seen in on a left movie site.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I've heard of 'navel maneuvers,' which have very little to do with the navy. . . Smile

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's akin to "meat gazing"?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
I've generally seen it used as a term used to describe lefties. As in, he's a dope-smoking, long-haired, maggot-infested, navel gazing, FM type. Smile

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

I heard it as "contemplating" one's navel, something hippies did when high.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Introspective, solipsistic, self-absorbed, onanist, ego centric -- not mentalities generally cultivated. I use the term "navel gazing" regularly these days.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I've always taken it to mean someone who is lazy and not too bright, hence he's content to sit and gaze at his own navel, rather than be productive.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess it’s the 2018 iteration of “contemplating his navel”.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
IN D.C., there's a whole building dedicated to the enterprise:

Posts: 15847 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

ha - good one - hadn't thought of that

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Maybe it's akin to "meat gazing"?

At least have the common decency to knock on the bathroom door before entering! You dont want that reputation.

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
It is called omphaloskepsis.

>> https://www.merriam-webster.co...onary/omphaloskepsis

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HighZonie:
It is called omphaloskepsis.

I love new words, but there is no way I'll ever remember how that is written nor pronounced.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Int that a term for dumber than a sack of rocks? Or is it some type of phrase some liberal women shout when a male looks at them?

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post