SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Speed Queen sales?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speed Queen sales? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
Okay, I'm giving up on trying to fix my Maytag washer.

I'm wondering if there are sales for Speed Queen, like Labor Day in a month or so. I could manage as-is for a month. But if SQ typically doesn't go on sale (like Maytag, etc), then there is no point in waiting.

I'm leaning toward a Speed Queen, probably AFNE9BSP113TW01 https://www.speedqueen.com/pro...3TW01#build-your-own

or maybe AFNE9RSP113TW01 https://www.speedqueen.com/pro...3TW01#build-your-own

Seems the same except for control panel mounting. Any thoughts?

I'm also considering Maytags:

https://www.maytag.com/washers...w8150ew.html#reviews

https://www.maytag.com/washers...u.-ft.mhw5500fw.html

I know SQ is generally favored here but let me know if these Maytag's are worthy of consideration (or avoid).

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12718 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Don't know about sales, but I've got to recommend the one with the mechanical controls. Go old school and don't look back. Very satisfied with mine.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would NEVER go back to a traditional washer again. I have a set of Whirlpool duet's front loaders that are 7 years old without a single issue. I put 1000 loads of laundry through them in the first 4 years and now my tenants are using them. The amount of electric and water savings are a bonus. They clean clothes the best. I also have a set of Whirlpool cabrio's that work very good also, but the edge goes to the front loaders on cleaning (they did a great job) and wrinkle free. Lowes has a 4.5 cu foot whirlpool front loader right now for $719.

That being said, if you're set on a Speed Queen, I don't think they ever go on sale as a brand, but sometimes the dealer has a storewide sale.....10% off all appliances......etc.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Best decision I've made in years was dumping my GE Profile high efficiency washer for a Speed Queen. Clothes actually come out of the washer looking clean and in half the amount of time. I too asked about "sales" and was informed they don't go on sale.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I recently bought SQ analog set. Cost about $1800 no sales. One of my favorite features is ability to add clothes after cycle has started. Can you do that in a front loader. Amana still makes an agitator top load with add an item feature and they are value priced and made by Whirlpool.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of my favorite features is ability to add clothes after cycle has started. Can you do that in a front loader.

You can in our Samsung.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could scout out a wringer washer at the antique stores. Big Grin

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I wish they still made those things.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

We bought our Speed Queen washer (and other appliances) from AJ Madison. Good (if not the best) prices, free delivery, and they offer a decent, reasonably-priced, extended warranty if you want it.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Just had to buy a new washer to replace Maytag Neptune. Local store I've been trusting for years carries very few Maytag anymore and recommends other brands including Speed Queen as one of the best for reliability. Only down sides were top load uses significantly more water, and was 25% smaller capacity. I pay for my city water, not replacing dryer.

Went with another front loader as it will match dryer timing and capacity.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen them on sale per se

I have periodically seen them with a mail in rebate when purchasing a specific set

I'd get in touch with appliance Brad and see what he may be able to assist with

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

Okay, generally a brand that doesn't go on sale except for general store wide sale and/or mfr rebate (clearance for specific model).

So, no point in really waiting. I found the timer for the Maytag. $150. Hopefully get it in a few days. If it works, great. If not, I'll be shopping next weekend. Thanks!

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12718 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

I might have to drive down and pick this up. $200.

Speed Queen Wringer Washer

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whirlpool owns /makes Maytag--Have been doing so for awhile.
I had to replace my Washing machine last year. bought a Maytag-thought about buying Speed Queen but just couldn't afford it at the time.
Call your local Speed Queen Dealer and ask if they go on sale and when
If it lasts as long as the older models did it's probably worthwhile

Posts: 462 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I've been a Speed Queen dealer since I opened 33 years ago.

Quick answer is no they do not. No need to. They sell every unit they can build at regular price.

One note however, you can get the 5 year warranty model right now for the same price as the 3 year mechanical timer model. Sales have been so strong with people wanting the analog ones that our distributor lowered our cost to make them the same price.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brad. Why is the mechanical timer / analog more preferred? Anything wrong with digital model?

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

I might have to drive down and pick this up. $200.

Speed Queen Wringer Washer

I'd be on that like a duck on a June Bug. Put it on the back porch and let the dirty water drain out under a pecan tree.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arfmel,

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You could scout out a wringer washer at the antique stores

Thanks for reminding me. My grandma had one of those in the basement. Boiling hot water borax and I think some lye that she agitated with a wooden stick. My whites were whiter than white. Much better than the fancy electric models.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post