SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Car dealership "Bad Credit Rebate" of 2K?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car dealership "Bad Credit Rebate" of 2K? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who responded. I have not purchased anything yet, but I am working a deal on a new 2018 Ram 1500 Bighorn with the 3.0 Ecodesiel 4X4. 16K off sticker! It has my attention and I will go see it tomorrow.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by NaploleonSolo:
I rarely ever post here as you can see but I am on the site every day. I work in the auto industry and the 18 Ram truck has a 2000 rebate for credit scores below 620 so the rebate is legit. You have to have a score below that to get the rebate though. The all new Ram truck (2019) is a very different truck and the 18's are a screaming deal incentive wise at the moment.

WHY on earth would any financing company WANT to encourage lending to people with under a 620. That's just asking for a lot of people to default on their vehicles. Vehicles don't appreciate like houses generally do and people with low credit scores tend to destroy them pretty good as well. I don't get it.

VTAIL- You have to work pretty hard to get your credit score below 620......it's quite a bit more than just missing a few payments!!!

Because they get some payments they the repo the truck and add a ton of repo fees and do it all over again with the same vehicle.

I was in the car business. Sold cars at a new car dealership for 8 months. I owned a used car lot or over 2 years and did buy here pay here. When I did buy here pay here, I got my complete investment in the car as the down payment, and the weekly payments were all profit. You'd lose 2 out of 10 cars, people would stop paying early.....but usually after at least 4 months of payments...... But let me tell you, people with bad credit TRASH cars, no matter what payments you got, the vehicle was a complete write off, send to the scrap yard for $100 when they stopped paying. Although 1 car I repo'd twice and sold a total of 3 times. The others were take to the scrap yard, not economically feasible to fix and resell.

On a new vehicle, there is no way they'd be right side up, for years and years with the $2k rebate and under 620 fico. Most of the time the vehicle will have extensive damage when it is repo'd. I truly do not see a way where they make money, unless they're getting a huge down payment, but 9 out 10 people with bad credit don't have that either. Even at high interest rates.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post