SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Keith Jackson died today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Keith Jackson died today Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
ESPN just ran a lengthy tribute to sports announcer Keith Jackson who died this morning at age 89.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Whoa Nelly!
RIP Keith.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
The voice of college football...

https://www.saturdaydownsouth....jackson-passed-away/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
And he’s own-ly a sopho-moah!

By far, my favorite college football announcer of all time. What a gentleman

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Oh gee, I was just thinking of him recently. He will be greatly missed.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. Best voice of college football ever. RIP Sir.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was a great announcer. RIP.

Posts: 1121 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh nelly! Heaven is getting great one.
Best announcer, the voice of college football. He made every school fan feel like he understood their team and gave them a fair amount of attention.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
The Vin Scully of College football. Thanks Keith. You did a great job!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Oh nelly! Heaven is getting great one.
Best announcer, the voice of college football. He made every school fan feel like he understood their team and gave them a fair amount of attention.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gxIwtQao3zs" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

He made every school fan feel like he understood their team and gave them a fair amount of attention.

86 Sugar Bowl?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I can hear his voice in my head...that unforgettable voice. RIP, sir... Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
awesome job well done announcer.
I wish I could remember who it was that used to impersonate him,

I remember laughing over and over.
the guy was on three or for tv shows doing Keith

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TosJRlDgKCA

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
First Dick Enberg now Keith Jackson. Frown
Rest In Peace Keith.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I grew up watching college football on Saturdays announced by Keith Jackson. He was a great announcer.
Whoa Nelly, indeed!!!

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think he may have been my favorite announcer of all. RIP Keith Jackson.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Class act of College football announcing! He will be missed. RIP.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
awesome job well done announcer.
I wish I could remember who it was that used to impersonate him,

I remember laughing over and over.
the guy was on three or for tv shows doing Keith

Roy Firestone, I believe.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Agreed. 100%

quote:
Originally posted by amals:
I think he may have been my favorite announcer of all. RIP Keith Jackson.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post