SIGforum
Keith Jackson died today

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3460011634

January 13, 2018, 10:23 AM
JALLEN
Keith Jackson died today
ESPN just ran a lengthy tribute to sports announcer Keith Jackson who died this morning at age 89.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown
January 13, 2018, 10:23 AM
stoic-one
Whoa Nelly!
RIP Keith.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/
January 13, 2018, 10:24 AM
BamaJeepster
The voice of college football...

https://www.saturdaydownsouth....jackson-passed-away/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams
January 13, 2018, 10:32 AM
TMats
And he’s own-ly a sopho-moah!

By far, my favorite college football announcer of all time. What a gentleman

January 13, 2018, 11:01 AM
OKCGene
Oh gee, I was just thinking of him recently. He will be greatly missed.
January 13, 2018, 01:10 PM
MRBTX
Wow. Best voice of college football ever. RIP Sir.
January 13, 2018, 01:34 PM
Sigfan Roy
He was a great announcer. RIP.
January 13, 2018, 01:49 PM
corsair
Oh nelly! Heaven is getting great one.
Best announcer, the voice of college football. He made every school fan feel like he understood their team and gave them a fair amount of attention.

January 13, 2018, 01:57 PM
old rugged cross
The Vin Scully of College football. Thanks Keith. You did a great job!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
January 13, 2018, 02:15 PM
Floyd D. Barber
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Oh nelly! Heaven is getting great one.
Best announcer, the voice of college football. He made every school fan feel like he understood their team and gave them a fair amount of attention.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gxIwtQao3zs" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

He made every school fan feel like he understood their team and gave them a fair amount of attention.

86 Sugar Bowl?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

January 13, 2018, 02:29 PM
erj_pilot
I can hear his voice in my head...that unforgettable voice. RIP, sir... Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
January 13, 2018, 05:00 PM
bendable
awesome job well done announcer.
I wish I could remember who it was that used to impersonate him,

I remember laughing over and over.
the guy was on three or for tv shows doing Keith

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
January 13, 2018, 06:02 PM
JALLEN

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TosJRlDgKCA

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown
January 13, 2018, 06:09 PM
drabfour
First Dick Enberg now Keith Jackson. Frown
Rest In Peace Keith.
January 13, 2018, 09:03 PM
craglawnmanor
I grew up watching college football on Saturdays announced by Keith Jackson. He was a great announcer.
Whoa Nelly, indeed!!!

January 13, 2018, 09:29 PM
amals
I think he may have been my favorite announcer of all. RIP Keith Jackson.
January 13, 2018, 10:18 PM
SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
Class act of College football announcing! He will be missed. RIP.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.
January 13, 2018, 10:36 PM
snoris
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
awesome job well done announcer.
I wish I could remember who it was that used to impersonate him,

I remember laughing over and over.
the guy was on three or for tv shows doing Keith

Roy Firestone, I believe.
January 14, 2018, 07:20 AM
Ironmike57
Agreed. 100%

quote:
Originally posted by amals:
I think he may have been my favorite announcer of all. RIP Keith Jackson.