SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Mother's day SF Mom's and all the Mother's associated with our membership.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Mother's day SF Mom's and all the Mother's associated with our membership. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Happy Mother's day Lady's.

A big thank you for all you do. And have done.

In large part. American is great, because of you. Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Happy Mother's Day to the Sigforum mothers.

For the Sigforum sons and daughters, here is my annual PSA:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Absolutely! Happy Mothers Day!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I'm off to have my margarita now Wink

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5309 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Indeed - Happy Mother's Day!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Well done ORC. Happy Mothers Day to all the ladies.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking we needed a thread. Well done and Happy Mother's day to our SF moms.

Posts: 12461 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
YES! Happy Mother's day to all the Moms!

A great day for the wife here. She is out of work recovering from multiple skin cancer removals, a couple pretty severe that will require reconstructive plastic surgery, so having the Kids and Grandkids all here was a moral lifter. A yard full of kids playing was really great to see.

After a good cookout, I even got up the courage to give a few stick shift driving lessons to some of the Grandsons who can only drive automatics. Two just having their learners permit now. We went out on the road with a couple of the better ones, and one just in the yard.

And I made and surprised my wife with a yard flag stand. She had been bugging me for one for months.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Very nice CP. Prayer for her full recovery. Sounds like a great day at your house.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
ABSOLUTELY!! Happy Mother's Day to all mothers!!

My brother and I treated mama (she hates to be called 'mom' for some reason...a southern thang, I guess) to a great lunch yesterday at my neighborhood Mexican place, inclusive of a frozen margarita.

Today I prepared my specialty...pot roast with ALL the trimmings; mashed potatoes, carrots, peas, gravy, and King Hawaiian rolls, of which I could eat the whole package. Later after digestion sets in, I bought her favorite ice cream...Buttered Pecan.

Yeah...mom is pretty awesome...breast cancer survivor since 1978 and bounced back like nobody's business from open heart surgery for an atrial myxoma at the young age of 78 1/2 years. She's a trooper!!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
Thank you. No margarita, but I did get a bowl of Pho.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The apartment had to be spotless for her visit today, so yesterday I cleaned and cooked and cleaned and shopped from 10 AM to 1 AM this morning. Prep'ed vichysoisse, tabouli, chocolate pie, chicken marsala, and green tea. That was A LOT of work and the meal was a winner.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Momma wanted a crab and shrimp boil. That's what she got.

We ate and now are sitting around drinking limoncello and rubbing our bellies.

Posts: 7017 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Mother' Day is going to be very special this year. Our daughter and her husband are coming over, and they are bringing our very first grandchild--our granddaughter. This will be their first visit to our new house. The first Mother's Day with a new generation of mother and daughter!

Thank you, Lord!

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post