SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How much do you tip the pizza delivery guy?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much do you tip the pizza delivery guy? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted

Question:
How much do you tip the pizza delivery guy?

Choices:
1$
2$
3$
4$
5$ or more

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
It depends on how much I've ordered, but it's usually 4-5 bucks.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
For a family our size, 2 adults and a child, we don't order much so it's typically around $4.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Pizza guy?

Wife makes our pizza, and she does not get tips.

Big Grin

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends on size of order, speed and most importantly if he rememebers cheese/peppers.

Usually $2.00 min/$5.00 max

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven’t had a pizza delivered in a while now that I think about it. I’m probably in the $4 range, maybe more if it’s a bit of a drive from where I ordered from.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
$5.00 minimum up to $15-20 or so depending on my mood and delivery attitude.

Posts: 2927 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I'm in the $4 range usually, but we never get more than 2 pizzas.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Usually 4 bucks, more if it’s raining.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I generally tip delivery drivers 10% ish...+/- some because I always make it an even number

Full disclosure. In grad school I was a delivery driver. I wish people tipped how some of you guys do. In my experience, you were lucky to get $1 a pizza

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends on how much I order. If it's one pizza $4-5, more than one pizza or a few other things in addition, I tip more in correlation to the price.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Round here they have a $5 delivery surcharge and the pizza places are less than five miles away.

Right or wrong, I consider that the tip

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Have people come to my house, on purpose? Ha!
Actually answer the front door? Ha!

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Used to be $3. Now it's $5.

quote:
Originally posted by cas:

Why bother replying to the thread if you can't answer the question as asked?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$3-5

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pizza guy is out to get you, is he?

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Used to be $3. Now it's $5.

quote:

Why bother replying to the thread if you can't answer the question as asked?

I assumed it was a trick question since you can't get real pizza delivered.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Our only pizza delivery outfit here is Pizza Hut, which is simultaneously terrible and overpriced. Last time we ordered I gave the pizza dude $4. Now we eat frozen pizza, it's cheaper and no worse. And no tip is required.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Our only pizza delivery outfit here is Pizza Hut, which is simultaneously terrible and overpriced. Last time we ordered I gave the pizza dude $4. Now we eat frozen pizza, it's cheaper and no worse. And no tip is required.

You are NOT kidding about that. The ONLY thing worse than Pizza Hut is Domino's!!!!!111 Also the frozen pizza's have gotten to be a lot better than they used to be.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
As I don't have a lot of money, I like to give them a mental tip, like: Don't stare directly into the sun.

Big Grin

(In reality, 15%~ish)

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post