SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How much do you tip the pizza delivery guy?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much do you tip the pizza delivery guy? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Nothing. But I am my own pizza delivery guy. I usually order ahead, stop in and pick it up on my way home.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
As I don't have a lot of money, I like to give them a mental tip, like: Don't stare directly into the sun.
"Don't breathe underwater" is also universally useful information.

Some people may not know.

Doin' my part for Humanity and all that.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Depends on delivery fee. Zero fee $3-4 for small order ($20-25). $4-5 if it is a bigger order and they bring drinks that are actually cold.

If there is a delivery fee I tip $5, they can figure out how to slice it up at the shop. If it's a $4 fee, sorry driver is only getting a buck.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
$5 or maybe $6 especially if the weather is shitty.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Haven't had pizza deliver in years. But when I did, there was usually a delivery fee added plus I add no more than 5 bucks.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Generally $5.00.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Our only pizza delivery outfit here is Pizza Hut, which is simultaneously terrible and overpriced. Last time we ordered I gave the pizza dude $4. Now we eat frozen pizza, it's cheaper and no worse. And no tip is required.

You are NOT kidding about that. The ONLY thing worse than Pizza Hut is Domino's!!!!!111 Also the frozen pizza's have gotten to be a lot better than they used to be.

I'd rather eat the box than eat the pizza from Dominos. Why some people order from there when almost every town has at least 1 or 2 good pizza places is beyond me.

To answer the question at hand, usually $3-4. Delivery fees piss me off unless they actually go to the driver. But a lot of times they don't.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I give a $3 tip. The company always charges a delivery fee, but I am not sure who that goes to. I think $3 is a good tip; especially since both delivery companies are within 3 miles of my house.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
$4 or $5 typically. It’s worth it because we usually only get it take out when the weather really sucks and no one wants to go out in it.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1351 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
4-5 bucks for a couple pizzas.

Or "Stay out of dark alleys", that is a good tip.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Have people come to my house, on purpose? Ha!
Actually answer the front door? Ha!
Pizza guy is out to get you, is he?

Yeah, he wants his $2.

I know, wrong product. But for the remake, it could be the pizza guy. Wink

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Two dollars.
No matter what the total is.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
I'm the pizza delivery guy and I don't get shit, except a little silence while they eat. Wink

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
I got to be honest, it depends.

If there is a delivery fee (and there is) I assume that goes to the driver, if it doesn't, they should call it something else.

After that, I will go as low as a buck if the guy is unkempt, but if he looks respectable I might go as high as 3 bones.

I have had a shitton of pizza delivered on more than one occasion. Even though the delivery guy's only increased work is the to/from the car twice, I go $20, which I am sure he finds cheap on a $3-500 order of pizza and wings.

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 937 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I let him sleep inside at night.

We live far enough out in the sticks that we don’t pass the “banjo test” for the nearest Dominoes.
So I order and pay for pizza with the app, then my son picks them up on his way home from his town job.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Mines usually around $5. I tend to order a bit more if we do delivery since, with fees, tax, and tip, it costs probably $17 or $18 for a $9.99 type deal. And from what I understand, the dumbass delivery fee doesn't go to the driver. I don't like to do delivery, but I cough up the money for convenience at times.

quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Pizza guy?

Wife makes our pizza, and she does not get tips.

Big Grin

Should give her more than just the tip...

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
3 plus the change

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Normally $4-$5. If a delivery fee in involved then $2 unless they are motivated, polite, or helpful. Then I might add a couple of bucks more.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I answer the door with no shirt on. Sometimes they drop the pizza and run away.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Depends on the total, but never less than 5. I make damn good money now, but I’ve worked in about every food type industry I could when I was a kid. Getting by was hard with those jobs. That extra few bucks each delivery paid my beer fund/gas/rent (in that order).

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post