SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How much do you tip the pizza delivery guy?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much do you tip the pizza delivery guy? Login/Join 
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Round here they have a $5 delivery surcharge and the pizza places are less than five miles away.

Right or wrong, I consider that the tip

I'm with you on this one, all the places around here have at least a two dollar delivery fee.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Nothing. But I am my own pizza delivery guy. I usually order ahead, stop in and pick it up on my way home.

This. Plus I want to check it to ensure it wasn't ****ed up. Again.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
they delivered 20 pizza's at a party , one time,
the guy got a $50.00 tip

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I try to always tip 15 to 30 percent for almost everything. May go down less for shit service. If the pizza is still piping hot and reasonably quick... I tip toward the top.

The "delivery fee" is a crock. Doesn't cost the pizza place extra... and the driver gets none of that. I try not to use places that do that.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
The "delivery fee" is a crock. Doesn't cost the pizza place extra... and the driver gets none of that. I try not to use places that do that.
Not sure I agree with you on that. Having a driver does add to the pizza joint's cost of doing business. They have to pay the driver, they have insurance costs, etc.

Think of it this way: A competing pizza place in the same neighborhood, that offers identical pizza at the same price, but does not offer delivery, will likely have lower operating expenses. No driver to pay, no worker comp insurance to pay, no unemployment insurance to pay, no employer's share of payroll taxes like FICA and MediCare to pay, reduced liability exposure and lower insurance costs.

The delivery fee goes to the business, to help offset those additional costs. Some of it is used toward the driver's pay, but there are a lot of other costs that the customer does not see. I run a small business and I'm very well aware of these unseen costs.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What's with the three cheap sumbitches that say they tip one dollar? Razz

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

they live upstairs from Gilroy's $2.00 pizza palace . Big Grin

any medium pizza only $2.00 with the purchase of a six pack of Shasta cola Big Grin

( Gilroy Missouri's only pizza place )

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depending on where you deliver pizza, there are other hazards worthy of extra compensation. LINK:

http://wgntv.com/2018/03/16/fo...bbery-on-south-side/

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post