SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How much do you tip the pizza delivery guy?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much do you tip the pizza delivery guy? Login/Join 
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Absolute minimum 5$. But usually like to do more. And really enjoy surprising them with a 10 or 20. Fun to see their reactions. Smile

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Round here they have a $5 delivery surcharge and the pizza places are less than five miles away.

Right or wrong, I consider that the tip

I wouldn't plan on eating that cold pizza if you order regularly. I suspect that is a chain pizza place, and that surcharge may go toward the nominal base pay and insurance cost of drivers but doesn't go in their pockets directly.

eta - I was glad to see the results of the survey, in spite of several respondents and their comments making me think they are channeling my deceased MIL (aka: a-buck-and-some-change on the table is plenty). I've always felt like 90% of the drivers can use the extra $3-5 in addition to whatever tip may feel "worth it" way more than the impact it will make on me. Sounds like a lot of cranky old curmudeons don't subscribe to that based on either general principle or perceived finances, but if you can't afford to treat the delivery dude right should you really be ordering the pizza? No different than a restaurant waiter in ways.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the delivery driver doesn't get that fee. He's just some poor schmoe trying to make ends meet. Give the guy a tip.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, the delivery driver doesn't get that fee. He's just some poor schmoe trying to make ends meet. Give the guy a tip.
Exactly!

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
5+, try to tip it up front. Lately ive been the delivery driver as the favorite place is so far away. Wife dont tip me for shit...

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
usually tip about 20%, just like in a restaurant. my order is usually under $15 so that's $3. It goes up as the price goes up.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$3-$4 But I live 2-3 blocks from the two Pizza places we buy from. Also I usually pickup rather than get delivered.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I give them about 10%, but a minimum of $4.00. My wife and I often get an order that isn't over $25.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
It's usally a $5 bill.

Posts: 1510 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I always give the guy (or girl) at least a five, usually a little more. More again if she's cute and wearing a smile.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I moved to Georgia with my car and $200.
My buddy and his wife gave me a couch to sleep on and he got me a job at Dominos the next day delivering Pizzas until I found a "real" job.

As a result, I tip Pizza guys pretty well. $10.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not tipped a delivery person in 8 years,
( they don't deliver , here in tiny town)

min. is $4.00 max is $6.00

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know delivery drivers in their thirties who love the job because of the stuff they get to see when they deliver pizza. Some have told me they do it for the excitement not the money. You know bachelor parties, lonely women and the like.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
20$s for a large pie, 5$ tip

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
I round up and do 20%.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
$6 most of the time. Sometimes 12 when I don't realize the wife already put the tip in the initial payment... :O In restaurants it's always 20% at least. Those servers make diddly squat.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
Usually get a Papa John's large special (The Works) 2-3 times a month. Tax and delivery charge comes to $17.60. I always pay in cash, pay with a $20 and tell them to keep the change. If the total was less (rare but sometimes is), I'd still give a $20 and tell them to keep the change. Way I've always done it. Usually have more 20's than smaller bills, so one 20 involved seems about right for what I'm getting. I've never seen any disappointment in the delivery person.
No offense but trust me, they may not show you the disappointment but a house that tips $2.40 isn’t considered a good tipper. $3 on an order that size is the standard to be satisfied but not excited about with most people tipping $4-$5.

I delivered for Domino's for 5 years while I was pretending to attend college. I used to clear $150 a night in tips doing a close on the week ends. Plus the $3.35 and hour for a ten hour shift. We also made extra being a taxi service for soldiers who needed a ride to and from base. I delivered Pizzas to fort Huachuca. We would take ten pie's a trip up to the Barracks. Hell, I made more money as a part time pizza driver than I did as a cop. It took about 8 years of law enforcement until I made more than I did as a part time pizza guy.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
My nearest pizza is at minimum 44 miles away...NO issues with WHAT to tip. They don't deliver out here.

There are times I'd kill for delivery pizza or especially chinese!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I know delivery drivers in their thirties who love the job because of the stuff they get to see when they deliver pizza. Some have told me they do it for the excitement not the money. You know bachelor parties, lonely women and the like.

^^^^ This but I was 17-18ish the summer after HS and after Freshman year. A big Thank you to “generous” woman!

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am the pizza delivery guy. I order it, then I go get it.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post