SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2015 Highlander Tire recommendation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2015 Highlander Tire recommendation Login/Join 
Picture of barndg00
posted
Have a 2015 Toyota Highlander (Size 245/55/R19 103T) which is close to needing new tires. The stock tires are very loud, and ride is relatively poor. I normally go with Michelins, but they have three different tires for this model, and the one Costco carries gets pretty mediocre reviews on TireRack, especially with noise. Can anyone give me some recommendations for this model? Thanks!

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I've got a Highlander too and run Conti's on it. They seem to do very well....quiet, handle well and are good in the rain too. I do like Michelins as well. I can look up the details if you're open to a non-Michelin option.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
The Michelin Defender LTX M/S is the replacement for the LTX M/S2, so that would be my choice. It was top rated for years on Tire Rack in their segment both by the editors and consumers, and very highly regarded here. I'm on my second set, and they are comfortable, quiet, handle well, and sticky in both wet and dry conditions. Not great in snow, but I got 150K miles on my first set, so I wasn't going to replace them with anything else (about 80% interstate, 32K miles/yr). The Costco guys couldn't believe it, until they pulled my records.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Recently re-shod mt 2015 Highlander with Michelin LTX's. Ran those on my pickups and have always been very satisfied.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Agree, Michelin.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I put Yokohama Geolanders on everything I own. I believe the model I put on our 2012 Highlander are Geolander G55.
Inexpensive, quiet, excellent wet dry and snow/ice traction.

The Toyo Proxies that came on the 2012 were garbage not sure if those were still OEM after the Highlander refresh or not.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bridgestone 422 Ecopia.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
The Michelin Defender LTX M/S is the replacement for the LTX M/S2, so that would be my choice. It was top rated for years on Tire Rack in their segment both by the editors and consumers, and very highly regarded here. I'm on my second set, and they are comfortable, quiet, handle well, and sticky in both wet and dry conditions. Not great in snow, but I got 150K miles on my first set, so I wasn't going to replace them with anything else (about 80% interstate, 32K miles/yr). The Costco guys couldn't believe it, until they pulled my records.

I second this, I've got around 40k miles on the set I got from Costco on my Jeep Grand Cherokee and they are excellent tires. I'd happily buy again.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
The Michelins would be a fine choice. Another worthy of consideration is the Firestone Destination LE. It would likely be less $$, quiet, good wear.

No sense for a noisy, aggressive tread when 95%+ of the driving is on pavement.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post