SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Modding Direct Injection engines?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Modding Direct Injection engines? Login/Join 
posted
What can be done to a direct injection engine without going into the computer? Anything? Have been told even an intake (tube and filter) need a retune for the PC.
I was thinking of intake, catback and maybe header. NA Japanese 4 cyl if it makes a difference.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My understanding is without tuning, you won't get the full benefit of less restrictive intake and exhaust. This holds true for carbureted and injected motors. With today's electronically controlled motors that means reflashing the computer. Used to be you had to tear apart the carb and mess with jets, needles, and springs.

Someone way more knowledgeable than me will be along shortly to give you good advice.

I'll bet there is a forum dedicated to your motor on the interwebs.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post