SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Scaramucci out as WH Communications Director
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scaramucci out as WH Communications Director Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
He served a purpose, but Marine Generals don't tolerate loose cannons.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
From an AP news article:

"Kelly's success in a chaotic White House will depend on how much authority he is granted …"

Leaders like Kelly don't wait for authority to be granted. They just take it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dresden:
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
Aaaand the hillarybeast is not our president. Next..
This is right. But its only about the only thing that is right, aside from Justice Gorsuch. I'm a pessimist, so I am hoping that General Kelly can help the President establish a plan that is a little more specific than "drain the swamp".

If GORSUCH is the ONLY thing that comes from the Trump presidency it will be worth it. That WIN right there is worth the price of admission all by itself.

But it will likely be at least one more SC appointment and other victories also. Think of all the court vacancies that are going to get filled...

The Obamacare battle makes a lot of press but there is a lot of good stuff happening with the Trump Admin.

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really support Kelly and Trump doing whatever they feel is best, hiring and firing as they see fit.
But this is all playing right into the Lefty-media's "Chaos!" narrative, and I am getting a bit sick of the chaos too.

High hopes for Kelly!

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
this is all playing right into the Lefty-media's "Chaos!" narrative, and I am getting a bit sick of the chaos too.

I think you are ignoring the fact the media/left/GDC would portray anything using as negative terms as they could invent.

Part of the notion of 'chaos' is suggested by the unwritten Swamp Rules of Order, that no bureaucrat is ever fired or job-switched regardless of performance....otherwise 'there would be CHAOS'....which they believe is much worse than incompetence/ill suited/inadequate managing skills.

The Swamp operates on the Peter Principle.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I can't believe this is even a "thing" for some people.

Who cares. It's just a media scrum about media.

DWS is a hair's breath from prison. Should be interesting to see the important things play out over the rest of the summer.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9157 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
From an AP news article:

"Kelly's success in a chaotic White House will depend on how much authority he is granted …"

Such things make for good quotes but probably aren't the reality.

The reality is Trump made the choice, and... had Trump backed Scaramucci instead the General would have played along or found himself the one on the outside. In the simplest sense, Trump decided the General was more important at this time than the other guy.

Being a badass Marine probably has nothing to do with it all.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
And yes - it's already and will forever be a successful Administration for President Trump.

Hillary isn't President.
Gorsuch is on the Court.
Regulations have been rolled back.
Small progress is happening on the Immigration front.
The market is up, the economy improving.
Leftists and foreigners are losing their minds.

Every day is a parade.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dresden:
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
Aaaand the hillarybeast is not our president. Next..
This is right. But its only about the only thing that is right, aside from Justice Gorsuch. I'm a pessimist, so I am hoping that General Kelly can help the President establish a plan that is a little more specific than "drain the swamp".

You're kidding, right? Or have you been living under a rock for the past six months? Here's an off-the-cuff list of other things that are "right" that you're not acknowledging:

• Take a look at what's happening to the flood of illegals -- it's been shut down decisively. Deportations are up, criminals are being sent home in droves, "Sanctuary City" mayors and managers are re-thinking their stupid policies and quaking in their boots as the river of federal funds that pay for their hate-america policies dry up.

• The "Regulatory State" is being shut down -- since January 16 regs have been removed for every single reg that's been added, and that ratio is likely to get even better. The strangle hold that the EPA has had on America is being broken. Business is BOOMIMG. We are at historical stock market highs. Business is coming back to America after a God-awful recession and flight from America under Obama.

• The Trans-Pacific Partnership is toast -- Trump killed this business-strangling, America-disabling, jobs-killing piece of shit in its cradle. Thank God!

• The number of people on food stamps has been slashed -- Trump is putting America back to work!

• Trump is using Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" against its own adherents -- he is out Alinskying the GDCs at every turn. You think the Sessions Tweets are real? Ever watch a dog chase a laser pointer? That's what Trump is doing to the GDCs. The GDCs are watching, panting, and salivating over all the worthless and stupid shiny objects that Trump holds up with his left hand while Trump gets things done, keeps his election promises, with his right hand.

• The MSM has lost its grip on the American mind -- Trump has exposed the biased and agenda-ridden MSM, the propaganda arm of the Democrat Party (a.k.a. the GDCs) for what it is, the mouth organ of the left. More people than ever see that now. Under Trump, CNN is a laughing-stock and the truth is outing.

• American foreign policy is no longer a joke. Obama's flatulent "red lines" and "leadership from behind" are dead and gone. No more "fuck the troops, political optics are more important" nonsense.

• The "Obama Legacy" is dead.

Thank God we have Trump!

Thanks,

Sap
  •  
    Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Baroque Bloke
    Picture of Pipe Smoker
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by 46and2:
    quote:
    From an AP news article:

The reality is Trump made the choice, and... had Trump backed Scaramucci instead the General would have played along or found himself the one on the outside. In the simplest sense, Trump decided the General was more important at this time than the other guy.

I disagree. I think Kelly made the decision. And if Trump had overruled him, Kelly would've resigned.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
    Picture of Balzé Halzé
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    From an AP news article:

I disagree. I think Kelly made the decision. And if Trump had overruled him, Kelly would've resigned.

That's absolutely right. And President Trump surely was not going to risk having another Chief of Staff gone in such a short time. This was all Kelly.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
    NRA Life Member (Patron)
    God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lawyers, Guns
    and Money
    Picture of chellim1
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

That's absolutely right. And President Trump surely was not going to risk having another Chief of Staff gone in such a short time. This was all Kelly.

There has to be a chain of command. Gen. Kelly told them how it was going to be, and Scaramucci apparently told him he reported to no one but the President, whereupon Kelly told him he was gone.

Gen. Kelly has established the chain of command. Big Grin After the shit-show of the past week I'm glad to see it. We need some order restored and Kelly can do that.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
    -- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
    -rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bad dog!
    Picture of justjoe
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by sigmonkey:
    quote:
    Originally posted by sdy:
    quote:
    Decisive leadership would've been hiring General Kelly in the first place

really ? President Trump has put this country on a course 180 deg from where it was in just about every dimension.

He has taken on DEMs, REPs, media, Hollywood, 12 million illegals, a court system dominated by liberal judges with extreme progressive agendas, world leaders who bought into the global warming fraud, an aggressive China / N Korea / Russia / ISIS, an organized resistance movement led by Obama / Clinton / Schumer, ....

forgot to add: a gutless, incompetent REP congress that has almost completely let him down

but yeah, you are right. I wish he were more "decisive". (sarc) He is the loneliest leader and strongest one man force to bring our country back from madness and chaos.

He isn't getting much help. We need to change that.

But, but, but, but....

The big picture.

The monkey has it.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
    "Employees are the rungs on the ladder of success. Don't hesitate to step on them." -The Ferengi Rules Of Acquisition, Rule 211, cheapest binding possible.

Link

H&K-Guy

'Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you will meet them on the way down.'

Told to me many years ago, and it has served me well.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
    It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    No Compromise
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by icom706:
    quote:
    Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
    "Employees are the rungs on the ladder of success. Don't hesitate to step on them." -The Ferengi Rules Of Acquisition, Rule 211, cheapest binding possible.

Link

H&K-Guy

'Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you will meet them on the way down.'

Told to me many years ago, and it has served me well.

Umm, that was a joke, son. Razz

But I assume you knew that. Wink

I like this:

3 Do nothing out of contentiousness or out of egotism, but with humility consider others superior to you, 4 as you look out not only for your own interests, but also for the interests of others. -Philippians 2: 3,4 Smile

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Too old to run,
    too mean to quit!
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    From an AP news article:

My opinion is that Kelly laid out the ground rules before he accepted the job.

Specifically, as chief of staff he determined who worked there and with reasonable cause could fire any of them.

Mooch was/is a loudmouth twit. Trump made a mistake putting him in there, assuming he is the one who made the decision.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
    -Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    always with a hat or sunscreen
    Picture of bald1
    posted Hide Post
    Could it be that Trump brought Mooch in for a simple reason and that was to usher Priebus out? Sure looks that way with no blood on Trump's hands.

And Mooch's mouth is what got him canned directly or indirectly

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
    USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16210 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Oriental Redneck
    Picture of 12131
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by chellim1:
    quote:

There has to be a chain of command. Gen. Kelly told them how it was going to be, and Scaramucci apparently told him he reported to no one but the President, whereupon Kelly told him he was gone.

Gen. Kelly has established the chain of command. Big Grin After the shit-show of the past week I'm glad to see it. We need some order restored and Kelly can do that.

Yup, per a CBS report, Kelly said something to the effect of, "Either I'm a chief of staff in name only, or I'm The Chief of Staff. "

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Only the strong survive
    Picture of 41
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jimbo54:
    There hasn't been any Tweets regarding Sessions lately so maybe that issue is history. I think the turmoil of the past few months may end with Kelly as Chief of Staff. One can only hope.Jim

Those 50 Push Up's at 0500 straightn's them out in a hurry! Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    It took me just a couple seconds to figure out why Trump fired Priebus -- he was probably hired in the first place to get the Reps in Congress going, and when that didn't work, he was useless.

The only reason we're commenting on this, is that Trump is moving at a pace that is impossible for the average person to fathom. But hell, if that bothered me rather than encouraged me, I'd have voted for myself instead of Trump.

MAGA! Big Grin

--------------------------
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    -- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
    -- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post