SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Scaramucci out as WH Communications Director
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scaramucci out as WH Communications Director Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
Trump Removes Anthony Scaramucci From Communications Director Role

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Well, that escalated quickly…

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 569 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I'd say Gen Kelly is clearly the man in charge. Good.

The decision to remove Mr. Scaramucci, who had boasted about reporting directly to the president not the chief of staff, John F. Kelly, came at Mr. Kelly’s request, the people said. Mr. Kelly made clear to members of the White House staff at a meeting Monday morning that he is in charge.

It was not clear whether Mr. Scaramucci will remain employed at the White House in another position or will leave altogether.

ABC adds that Scaramucci offered his resignation to Gen. Kelly this morning, with a request to be moved to the Ex-Im bank.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
"Employees are the rungs on the ladder of success. Don't hesitate to step on them." -The Ferengi Rules Of Acquisition, Rule 211, cheapest binding possible.

Link

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
All this turmoil is beginning to worry me, it only gives the GDC's more ammunition that Trump isn't able to handle this job. Eek

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
good sign from John Kelly. taking charge

and a good sign from President Trump.

Scaramucci's comments about Preibus and Bannon were not the style you would want from a communications director

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Preibus was the shortest serving chief of staff in Presidential history.
Scaramucci lasted only 11 days.
'You're Fired!'
Well... it is entertaining...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
All this turmoil is beginning to worry me, it only gives the GDC's more ammunition that Trump isn't able to handle this job. Eek

Rather Trump make the right call to remove/replace someone as soon as it is appearant that they are not/no longer fit for the position, then to be wishy-washy and let them do damage.

That is decisive leadership.

Or as RhinoWSO always sez:

Oh, and screw what the GDC say.

It's like the WWII troops listeing to Berlin Betty and Tokyo Rose and then fretting of what they said.

"Road apples!!!"

Col. Potter

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^^ This. General Kelly is DEFINITELY in charge! I expect we'll see an end to 'all this turmoil', chaos, etc post haste!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8875 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I don't think anyone orbiting 93 million miles away from the sun would be shocked that someone whose signature phrase is 'You're Fired!' would not be shy about letting people go if they don't work out. That said, a bit more discretion in hiring might be indicated.

Being willing to get rid of people who don't work out is important, but no substitute for hiring the right people in the first place.

Posts: 15026 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Decisive leadership would've been hiring General Kelly in the first place instead of hiring idiots like Prebus and Scaramucci. Maybe now the circus will stop and some work will get done. I wonder how much longer Bannon will last. Notice we haven't heard much from him recently. Furthermore, if Trump is going to fire Sessions just do it already. Stop berating the man on Twitter and replace him already. I feel like I'm watching a soap opera.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
I voted for Trump and have been a big supporter.

All this turmoil over the last couple of weeks makes it look like no one is in charge nor have priorities been established. They need to get priorities established and start working with Congress. One eighth of the term is up.

So far the biggest win has been getting Gorsuch on The Court.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
General Kelly "stabbed him right in the front"

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heathtx:
I voted for Trump and have been a big supporter.

All this turmoil over the last couple of weeks makes it look like no one is in charge nor have priorities been established. They need to get priorities established and start working with Congress. One eighth of the term is up.

So far the biggest win has been getting Gorsuch on The Court.

and eliminating 16 regulations for every new one.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
As hard as I tried, I never could warm up to him or that other guy. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Well, that didn't take long. I wonder if Trump ran his corporation the same way.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
There hasn't been any Tweets regarding Sessions lately so maybe that issue is history. I think the turmoil of the past few months may end with Kelly as Chief of Staff. One can only hope.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Decisive leadership would've been hiring General Kelly in the first place

really ? President Trump has put this country on a course 180 deg from where it was in just about every dimension.

He has taken on DEMs, REPs, media, Hollywood, 12 million illegals, a court system dominated by liberal judges with extreme progressive agendas, world leaders who bought into the global warming fraud, an aggressive China / N Korea / Russia / ISIS, an organized resistance movement led by Obama / Clinton / Schumer, ....

forgot to add: a gutless, incompetent REP congress that has almost completely let him down

but yeah, you are right. I wish he were more "decisive". (sarc) He is the loneliest leader and strongest one man force to bring our country back from madness and chaos.

He isn't getting much help. We need to change that.

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Wasn't a fan, anyway.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go.

Ooooh, didn't mean to make you cry.

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post