SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rain Shower Heads? Suggestions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rain Shower Heads? Suggestions? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
In our Master bath we have your standard tub with the drop in shower beside it. Typical glass opening door.

I was thinking of replacing the generic shower head with a rain shower head. Any suggestions or anything I should know before I go down this road?

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
current flow rate would be good to know, I like oxygenics shower heads.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a delta and it's great. The water restrictor comes out easy on Delta's and I yanked that out before I installed it, have had it almost 3 years and love it......mines the one on the adjustable pipe so you can raise it higher etc.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have retrofit them in all of my showers, and even put one on my outdoor shower

I think they're great

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
Speakman S-2005-HB. Take that water restrictor out using a corkscrew and it will be right as rain Smile

Posts: 1536 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
current flow rate would be good to know, I like oxygenics shower heads.

I'm not sure. The head that's in there now is just a "builder grade" head. Probably just some $10-$20 random shower head.

ANYTHING will be a upgrade.

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Grohe Relexa Champagne shower head.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Delta one. It is awesome. We can run it with the standard shower head (have 2 in the shower) and it still has decent pressure.

Disappointing women since the 1970's

Posts: 1120 | Location: SC | Registered: October 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Bumpity Bump for any last minute opintions. Probably going to make a pick this afternoon.

posted Hide Post
http://www.midlandhardware.com...ghAPwfn4EaAv9m8P8HAQ

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Bumpity Bump for any last minute opintions. Probably going to make a pick this afternoon.

Lowe's will take them back no questions asked if you want to try all of the suggestions.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I broke down and ordered this one off Amazon.

KES J203 ALL METAL 8-Inch Shower Head Fixed Mount Rainfall

Dang thing had 244 reviews with a 4.8 star rating.

posted Hide Post
Next you'll be on here asking about tankless hot water heaters to go with it! Big Grin So you can take hour long showers and not run out of hot water! hehehehee

Picture of jobizo
posted Hide Post
Kohler shower heads are the best. As the saying goes if it is made by Kohler, it is durable and good quality

Posts: 1 | Registered: March 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Just replaced ours recently.
Got a Delta one that was also handheld but took it back > it was made cheap with metal looking plastic. Very disappointed in the Delta and it was not cheap ether.

Got an Oxygenics Rain Head one with multiple adjustments > LOVE IT.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
When we had our house built 2 years ago, we had the contractor put in a rain head in the master bath (by that I mean the spigot is in the ceiling). Initially, he put in a standard shower head, which kind of defeats the purpose. I added a Delta, square, rain head and that completes the picture. It’s nice

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Mrs.BurtonRW saw one at a home show a couple of years ago for $99. I found the same one online for half of that. She LOVES it. Plenty of water pressure, no clogging, no problems.

Here it is.

Thunderhead - TH2.5 - High Pressure Rain Shower Head - White - Large https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000...MU?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just how "low flow" is that deal?

a quart a minute , or so?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post