SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FFL dealers near Aurora, CO for help with interstate move
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FFL dealers near Aurora, CO for help with interstate move Login/Join 
posted
I'm helping a friend move from Aurora and he will need to ship a few guns (unless he decides to let the movers carry them).
I found Bullseye in Aurora, but that's a one-person operation, and my friend seems to want to use a larger dealer for this.
The questions are:
(1) Are there any risks or disadvantages to using a larger dealer?
(2) Who would you recommend?
(3) Could it make sense to have the movers carry them along with everything else? That feels riskier to me, but maybe it's all right.

Posts: 85 | Location: Between Maryland and Virginia | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I've always moved them in my vehicle. Having them shipped is going to cost out the ass.

Posts: 26896 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've always moved them in my vehicle. Having them shipped is going to cost out the ass.

Yeah me too. Unless we are talking arsenal of weapons. Just obey the speed limit, make sure your vehicle is in good shape and you should be good to go.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Through many military PCS moves, I've always moved those myself in the vehicle I'm traveling in. That along with my computer and guitars always stayed with me.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
We moved from Colorado to Ohio about 10 years ago. At that time the movers took my guns along with the other household goods. I watched the lead guy pack them into a box and watched them load that box into the middle of the trailer where it was not easily accessible.

When the box was removed from the truck, I unpacked it and confirmed that all the firearms were there. At the time I had about a dozen rifles and a handful of pistols.

This was a corporate move and my company paid the bill so I don't know if there was an extra cost to it.

The movers did not pack the ammunition I had at the time. That I had to move myself.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always moved mine myself.

If the movers move them, i'd make sure they're documented, serial numbers on the forms (take pictures yourself). It'll help with the insurance claim if they disappear.

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
There's the Firing line in Aurora, http://www.firinglineonline.com/

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post