SIGforum
Dumb birds

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3430059524

June 18, 2017, 08:10 PM
rburg
Dumb birds
They keep crashing into the windows. Today we've had 3 already. Mostly starlings, so I don't feel bad about them. Lucky the hummers are smarter and better flyers. The crashes aren't always fatal, but enough are that I've got to shovel them off my deck. Guess its the reflection and they think its still sky.

Unhappy ammo seeker
June 18, 2017, 08:28 PM
architect
Mu mom used to put black cut-outs of birds of prey on her windows, seemed to work...
June 18, 2017, 08:35 PM
Orguss
I've got these on one of my windows. They're clear static-cling decals that reflect light on a wavelength birds can see but humans can't.

http://www.duncraft.com/Window...e-Solutions?view_all

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
June 18, 2017, 10:19 PM
Sportshooter
Just be glad Tinkerbell hasn't smacked into your window. Roll Eyes
June 19, 2017, 12:13 AM
Texas Bob C.
Why doesn't the bird swerve when he sees his reflection coming at him head on?
June 19, 2017, 12:43 AM
bushpilot
Every summer the Hummingbirds fly into my shop and even with four large roll-up doors can't figure how to fly out... Then, the stupid Cardinals sit on the windows of my truck and attack themselves in the side mirrors and the chrome on the bumpers while crapping all over the side of the doors. Had one last year that constantly attacked the window in the laundry room.

I called Fish and Game and they said I can't kill them. This year a beautiful Sharp Shinned Hawk showed up and has been taking a toll on the song birds, must have a nest around close.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln
June 20, 2017, 12:08 PM
bendable
they been pecking at the mirrors on my LeSabre, and then pooping on the car.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
June 20, 2017, 12:10 PM
LS1 GTO
Sounds like something out of Storks (the animation).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers