SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Effective Adblocker for Chrome
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Effective Adblocker for Chrome Login/Join 
posted
I have noticed recently that most sites now require you to turn off the Adblocker to view them. Are there other Adblockers that are effective with Chrome? On some sites there are so many ads you cannot view the content.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
ublock origin.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
On some sites there are so many ads you cannot view the content.

Amen.

To the point I can't even check the news or the weather on some of my preferred sites because it's so bogged down loading all the bullshit they're trying to sell me.

I've just stopped visiting those sites all together. I just want to see what the forecast is for the next couple days, or check world events, I'm not trying to see a full seven page flyer for Bass Pro or Guitar Center or whatever.

Frustrating as hell.

Posts: 10751 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hawkins
posted Hide Post
I used to use Adblock Plus, but about a year ago, moved to uBlock Origin.

--------------
July NoVA Sigshoot: Shooter's Paradise; 0900 (9AM) 23July05

My Signature is almost a decade out of date!

Posts: 4686 | Location: VA | Registered: April 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I don't use Chrome, so I don't know whether it has this feature, but the Safari browser offers a Reader View that does not show ads.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I don't know about Chrome as I've just recently started using it as my primary browser, but Firefox with Adblock Plus got to the point I deleted it from my PC completely.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Former AdBlock user here. If a site won't give me access without watching damn advertisements, then I don't really need to use the site.

Because of this thread, I installed uBlock Origin. Thank you to those who recommended it.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip on ublock origin. I just installed it, and now Foxnews.com doesn't suck as much as before. I hated how the videos would automatically play and move around. No more of that now.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post