SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Onstar. Is it worth it, or another way the man is looking over my shoulder.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Onstar. Is it worth it, or another way the man is looking over my shoulder. Login/Join 
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
One of the buildings that I maintained at GM was an Onstar call in center.
Maybe better then nothing but that is about I can say about them.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4119 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I’d say that time and technology have passed them by.

I rarely use Siri on my iPhone, but was driving on a rural highway yesterday and had to swerve to miss a rug that must have fallen from a truckbed or trailer.

I asked Siri to give me the non-emergency number to the local police department. The response I got was: “If this is an emergency, I can notify emergency services and send them to your location”.

A smartphone is more reliable than OnStar and you’re already paying the monthly fee for it anyway.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6356 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Waste of money.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post