SIGforum
Old School Jacksonville Jaguar's Logo Gear ***paging spinzone***

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3420081634

January 14, 2018, 04:08 PM
parallel
Old School Jacksonville Jaguar's Logo Gear ***paging spinzone***
Some of you might recall that when the Jaguars became an expansion team there was a legal challenge to the initial "official" logo for the team. Ford sued because they had recently acquired Jaguar and the team logo was too similar to the car company logo. I bought a bunch of the gear that they had already started selling at the Navy Exchange in Mayport Florida and the J.C. Pennies in Jacksonville's Regency Square Mall.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parallel,

A penny saved is a government oversight.
January 14, 2018, 04:49 PM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by parallel:
Ford sued because they had recently acquired Jaguar and the team logo was too similar to the car company logo

I saw earlier this week that the US Army is claiming trademark infringement due to the new NHL expansion team, the Vegas Golden Knights. They believe the hockey mascot is too close to the logo of the Army's parachute demonstration team.

They're both named "Golden Knights", both use the colors black and gold, and both use a helmet for their emblems.

January 14, 2018, 05:41 PM
rmc85
What years did you buy them? I'm no logo expert but some of those don't seem that old to me and I'm 32.
January 14, 2018, 06:28 PM
SpinZone
Great Karma, I’m in Razz

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

January 14, 2018, 06:34 PM
ulsterman
Please don't enter me in the karma but I do have a ballcap somewhere that says "Jacksonville Bulls".
January 14, 2018, 06:46 PM
SpinZone
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Please don't enter me in the karma but I do have a ballcap somewhere that says "Jacksonville Bulls".

Old school, nice.

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."

January 14, 2018, 06:48 PM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by rmc85:
What years did you buy them? I'm no logo expert but some of those don't seem that old to me and I'm 32.

It would have been 1994.

The team was created and that initial logo was introduced in December 1993. The logo was changed partway through 1994, because of Ford's protests. The team's inaugural season was in Fall 1995.

So stuff with that original logo was only made for part of 1994.

Post-1994

January 14, 2018, 07:19 PM
parallel
quote:

You can't get much older than an official logo that was never actually worn in a game by the team... LOL.

As Rouge has said, it was sometime in 1994.

January 14, 2018, 10:05 PM
rmc85
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

It would have been 1994.

The team was created and that initial logo was introduced in December 1993. The logo was changed partway through 1994, because of Ford's protests. The team's inaugural season was in Fall 1995.

So stuff with that original logo was only made for part of 1994.

Post-1994

That is awesome.
January 15, 2018, 07:38 PM
parallel
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
Great Karma, I’m in Razz

Okay... instant karma time. Spinzone, you get to choose which of these you would like. Post your choice here and send me shipping info via email.

l.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parallel,

January 17, 2018, 09:56 PM
parallel
Bump.

January 18, 2018, 10:25 AM
SpinZone
Most awesome offer, Thank you very much.
I will take the bottom one. (it took me longer to decide then it should have)

e-mail sent.

January 18, 2018, 01:50 PM
parallel
You're welcome. Louisiana is closed due to cold weather and a few icy patches on the roads. As soon as I can get this to the post office it'll be on the way.

February 02, 2018, 04:55 PM
parallel
Spinzone... so sorry it took me so long to get this in the mail. I decided that your patience should be rewarded, so I sent you BOTH of the decals.

February 13, 2018, 07:45 PM
SpinZone
They made it here safe and sound, they look awesome.

It was really kind of you to give them up and I am trying to decide where best to show them off.

February 14, 2018, 01:23 AM
parallel
Cool. Enjoy!

February 14, 2018, 04:34 AM
gunnitt
I bought several items when they first announced the team, and still have them. my daughter grew up making them her team. I still have an original helmet, and opening day program from their first season