SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Texas Speeding Records for 2017
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Speeding Records for 2017 Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted
https://www.msn.com/en-us/auto...s-in-2017/ar-BBHMKj1

Wonder what kind of fine and jail time you get for some of these? Wreckless Driving at a minimum I suspect.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Drive it like you stole it!

Posts: 22908 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
#2 between Houston & Galveston. 105 over the limit Eek

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15323 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
On that tollway 130 around Austin, if you are not driving 90, you will get run over.

I was driving on it one morning and a green McLaren passed me like I was on blocks, I was just cruising along at 90!

Notice most of those offenders were on crotch rockets..........

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep, vast majority are motorcycles.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16698 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
If you win do you get a plaque or something?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heathtx:

And all it takes wipe out at even half those speeds is a small rock on the road, a bee strike, a gopher running into the road, etc....

Physics is going to kill those idiots and let's hope it happens before they hurt or kill someone else.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:

Wonder what kind of fine and jail time you get for some of these? Wreckless Driving at a minimum I suspect.

RMD

Guys like that get in a lot of wrecks.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
If you win do you get a plaque or something?

No, but I'll bet producing the actual ticket gets you free drinks at whatever squid bar you hang out at. Cool

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
I finally got the break in miles. Last week I did 132 in a 65 in my new Porsche it had just shifted from 5 to 6th gear, still had one to go. Can't imagine going that fast on a bike. 5:30 in the morning and the interstate was deserted. I chickened out though and backed it down, with my luck I was worried about deer. It shifted from 2nd to 3rd at 77 mph.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to see the numbers on the offenders they didn't pursue or couldn't catch.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I don't really take issue with any of those. The minimum allowable speed on the interstate should be at least 120 mph. Automotive technology has gotten much better, run of the mill fast cars can do 200 mph these days. Really fast cars are approaching 300 mph. The speed limits we have are antiquated and need to be significantly increased everywhere.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Cars are better but brains have devolved to take advantage of technology.

Stupidity is less likely to remove you from the gene pool. Stupid mates with stupid yielding a super idiot, who is able to get a car that now can parallel park and maintain following distance on the highway.

Now super idiot can play Super Mario Brother in his car while it takes him to the natural water store. This is exactly the person I want to be driving a buck twenty near. Roll Eyes

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I don't really take issue with any of those. The minimum allowable speed on the interstate should be at least 120 mph. Automotive technology has gotten much better, run of the mill fast cars can do 200 mph these days. Really fast cars are approaching 300 mph. The speed limits we have are antiquated and need to be significantly increased everywhere."

You're joking, right?

Until driving skills directly match buying power, that won't work.

As a former racer (IMSA, FIA, SCCA), observing the driving of the Great Unwashed, the maximum speed limit should be 45mph on public roads. Mad

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 08 Cayenne:
I finally got the break in miles. Last week I did 132 in a 65 in my new Porsche it had just shifted from 5 to 6th gear, still had one to go. Can't imagine going that fast on a bike.

Keep your head down.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
Cars are better but brains have devolved to take advantage of technology.

Stupidity is less likely to remove you from the gene pool. Stupid mates with stupid yielding a super idiot, who is able to get a car that now can parallel park and maintain following distance on the highway.

Now super idiot can play Super Mario Brother in his car while it takes him to the natural water store. This is exactly the person I want to be driving a buck twenty near. Roll Eyes

This is so much closer to reality!!!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
95% of the Interstates here in MT have an 80 mph limit. There are sections that are straight as an arrow for forty or fifty miles at a stretch. In the old 55 mph days we would have wrecks in those sections constantly...Drivers falling ASLEEP it was so slow and boring.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
how do the cops even catch these guys?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
You radio ahead and other Officers will block the roadway, track them with aircraft, get a plate and contact them later, etc.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by heathtx:

And all it takes wipe out at even half those speeds is a small rock on the road, a bee strike, a gopher running into the road, etc....

Physics is going to kill those idiots and let's hope it happens before they hurt or kill someone else.

Hey, they can make some good organ donors!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post