SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any CPAP users use the cleaner systems?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any CPAP users use the cleaner systems? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I see the So Clean brand cleaning system, but its $300. Anybody using one and what do you think of it?

I stopped using my CPAP about 4 years ago and figured I may start trying to use it again

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I looked at them but until insurance covers them I'm passing. Have enough on my plate without it so weekly vinger soaks of the mask and hand washing the straps as I've been doing since 1997 will do me just fine. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I looked at them but until insurance covers them I'm passing. Have enough on my plate without it so weekly vinger soaks of the mask and hand washing the straps as I've been doing since 1997 will do me just fine. Smile

What bald1 said.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I sell them to SF Members for $280 (sorry price increased), delivered. If you are suffering from upper respiratory issues, your CPAP is is re infecting you!
No insurance does not pay for them but I will accept your Flex spending card for you!
Depending, it MAY add 3.5% to the price. Some card charge the vendor, some don't.
Remember bacteria, mold and viruses live in places you can't always sanitize.
The So Clean uses no water or chemicals and cleans your cpap unit the mask AND the hoses.It's fully automatic
Also SOME models require a mask adaptor (+$30)
Users that have "Heated Hoses" as well.

There are at least 6 SF Members that bought one from me maybe they will chime in...

At your service....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: downtownv,

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8351 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I have one. It was pricey, but the wife signed off on it because she knew I'd been slacking on cleaning my CPAP machine and was concerned I was inhaling bad bacteria residing in the mask or tube.

It seems to work OK. I still replace the air filter on the CPAP machine, but otherwise just run the So Clean machine every day.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6401 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I was looking at one and did a lot of research on it.
It works by filling the machine with ozone. I felt there were too many reports of this causing failure of internal plastic and rubber parts so I decided to pass on it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
I was looking at one and did a lot of research on it.
It works by filling the machine with ozone. I felt there were too many reports of this causing failure of internal plastic and rubber parts so I decided to pass on it.

My company has sold at least 100 of these and we NEVER had a single complaint, problem or issue ever reported.
Sounds like good info from the never wrong Inter Web BS to me....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8351 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Guess I'll be dying soon cause I've never cleaned my cpap. I've changed filters, hoses and masks but that's about it. But, I don't use the humidifier either.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Same here, ugeesta. I've been reading this thread thinking "Clean your CPAP? Really?" I'll wipe down the mask every once in awhile, change the filter when I think of it and buy a new head strap when it looses it's stretch. But I don't use water in mine either, so I suppose I'll keep rolling the dice and tempting fate.

Next thing you know somebody's going to suggest we start cleaning our AK and SKS rifles.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Vinegar in humidifier to dissolve calcium buildup, use Hydrogen peroxide to disinfect tube and humidifier. Fill tube quarterfull and slosh with hose brush and rinse.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been using the So Clean machine for 2 months now. Reducing the risk of infection and saving 10 minutes or so every morning made it worth it for me.

No hassles. Hook it up once (I needed the hose adapter) and then just drop the mask into the unit every morning. It runs automatically at 10 am. When I need the mask at night it is disinfected and ready to go.

The only problem is that I didn't know that I could have gotten it through downtownv...

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
@ dowtownv...email inbound.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5479 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where in the world are people putting them ??

My nightstand is so covered in junk ( phone, light,cell phone, two alarm clocks,CPAP ) that I
could hardly add a pencil......mike

quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
I sell them to SF Members for $270, delivered. If you are suffering from upper respiratory issues, your CPAP is is re infecting you!
No insurance does not pay for them but I will accept your Flex spending card for you!
Depending, it MAY add 3.5% to the price. Some card charge the vendor, some don't.
Remember bacteria, mold and viruses live in places you can't always sanitize.
The So Clean uses no water or chemicals and cleans your cpap unit the mask AND the hoses.It's fully automatic
Also SOME models require a mask adaptor (+$30)
Users that have "Heated Hoses" as well.

There are at least 6 SF Members that bought one from me maybe they will chime in...

At your service....

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I use cpap with humidifier. I'd embarrass myself by admitting my lackluster cleaning regime. I do always use distilled water, and I don't have any sinus issues.

How/what do these things clean? Just the tubing, or the humidifer, etc?

$270 is a chunk...are they worth it?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hit me with the
high beams, baby
Picture of wheeler10k
posted Hide Post
Mine works fine. Imparts an odd odor that, at first was a little strong. I think that was bacteria die-off, perhaps, or ozone. My sinuses seem to be happier. DO the pre-clean before the first use, or just start off with a new mask set up if you have one. I got off the auto equipment refill program since my soclean showed up. No need now.

Posts: 1007 | Location: Fortune's Happy Acre | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I got one of the Virtuclean from downtownv and have been pleased with it.

I used to get sick frequently, but so far I've been doing okay.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The humidifier causes mucus build up in my upper resiratory system so I stopped using the humidifier. Every month or so, I wipe the cpap mask with a hydrogen peroxide dampened washcloth. I fill the tube with hydo peroxide and prop the tube with the ends up to prevent spilling. I leave it for a couple of hours then drain and hang to dry. Drying can be accelerated by hooking the tube back to the machine and letting it run for a while. Position the cpap machine and tube so that liquid doesn’t drip into the machine.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post