SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Online source for quality Horseradish
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Online source for quality Horseradish Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
I get Golds (horseradish, vinegar, salt). Annie's horseradish mustard is also good.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember ,as a wee lad, Dad made 12 ) half pint jars of horseradish in the kitchen once,
Just once.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hahahaha

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Do they sell the Horseradish root at your food store? We make our own...it's hard to be in the same room with the stuff sometime. Very Powerful.

I used to grow it in the yard of my old house and grind it in a blender...OUTSIDE....on a windy day. It's powerful stuff.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
https://www.kelchnershorseradish.com/

I ordered online because I love some of their other sauces as well.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
https://www.kelchnershorseradish.com/

I ordered online because I love some of their other sauces as well.

^^^
BEST COCKTAIL SAUCE EVER!!!

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I'm obviously missing out on something. I eat horseradish with prime rib. That's it.

What else are you guys using it for?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Salmon.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I'm obviously missing out on something. I eat horseradish with prime rib. That's it.

Ham sammiches, left-over steak sammiches, with kielbasa as well as other sausages. Pretty much any red meat.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
quote:

Shrimp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Do they sell the Horseradish root at your food store? We make our own...it's hard to be in the same room with the stuff sometime. Very Powerful.

I used to grow it in the yard of my old house and grind it in a blender...OUTSIDE....on a windy day. It's powerful stuff.

quote:

Coming from a Ukrainian background, we usually eat it on fresh Kielbasi (We say Kabasi) during Christmas and Easter.

It's also good on ham.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:

Like others say, red meat such as rib eye and other meats and in a bloody mary.

Also on hot dogs and, best of all, in deviled eggs.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:

I like to mix some up with dill and sour cream as a dipping sauce for rib eyes.
Also, I make home made cocktail sauce whenever we have shrimp.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gefilte fish

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chicken fries/nuggets/tenders
Roast beef
Steak
Sausage

I have not tried it with ham. I have put jalapeno peppers on it though. I'll have to give it a try.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
recently picked up a "ruben sandwich" from a local Arby"s drive thru that came with a couple packs of "horseradish sauce" which tasted pretty good. A little bit different but tastey. .................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
You guys who mentioned using a blender to make your own. Is that a dedicated blender for this?

I can't imagine using the same blender for something else after that.

I mean, who wants to make a blended root beer float in the same blender? Dang!

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
I use the same blender for dog food. He seems to like the extra flavor! Also when guests arrive I don't like I mix the Daquiris in it.

Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
Try it on a hot dog sometime.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post