SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A friend was in a movie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A friend was in a movie Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I have this pal that is always willing to help me out when I need to move something heavy even though he lives about 30 miles away. He's a cool cat. I used to work with him before I struck out on my own.

His buds from Ellwood City, PA teamed up with Pittsburgh Dad and made a comedy/creature feature flick. The wife and I had a good laugh when we saw it and now it's available on Amazon Prime. I encourage you to check it out: Bigfoot: The Movie. It's terribly silly and goofy, but these are actually the sort of people you'll find around these parts. Big Grin

My friend plays Dale in the movie. Let me know if you watched it but you don't have to tell me what you think of it. Razz Big Grin

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I added it to my watch list. I'll watch it later today.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Rubbing elbows with the rich and famous, eh?

My niece was in a movie with George Clooney a few years back. Can't remember the name of it but it was about him being a traveling salesman and flying around a lot. She played one of the stewardesses on his flight. It was kind of cool seeing her on the big screen.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My wife was an extra in The Terminal & The Ugly Truth.
I don't think her Terminal scene made it in the final cut, but she is in the baseball scene of The Ugly Truth

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15148 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
My buddy is a professional actor. Just looked up his IMDB page, one of his credits is for a movie called Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies. Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Ron Perkins is a good pal of mine and he has made a living in Hollywood since the mid 70s. He was the guy with the newspaper in Ronin and the doctor that gets killed in the opening scenes of Spiderman as well as acting in various tv shows/movies over the last 40 years.

Posts: 4679 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I love documentaries.

quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
My buddy is a professional actor. Just looked up his IMDB page, one of his credits is for a movie called Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies. Big Grin

Posts: 8600 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I was an extra in a movie back in the early 80s. It was some teen movie with that blond kid from Karate Kid. It was filmed at my high school and a lot of the students got to be extras. I got about 1.2 seconds of screen time.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
Bruce Gray is an extra on the last episode of Bones. Dressed as a SAR dude IIRC.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
My uncle's house in Chicago was the house in "While you were sleeping" back in the 90's.

Most of the family and childhood scenes were filmed there.

The production studio moved him and his family to a very nice rental for 18 months (as I remember), fully paid for. Then they paid to use his house and they completely remodeled the house to whatever specifications/finishings his family desired post production. The family was in a couple of scenes, notably an elevator scene as extras.

It was fun for them, and they did quite well financially from it.

I've never been in any movies myself, but considered being a part of range 15 last year. I just gave generously to the gofundme and didn't pursue anything further.

I am a founding donor of the new VetTV channel with episodes being filmed now. I'm pretty excited about seeing that come to reality soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was an extra when Boy on a Dolphin was filmed in Greece in 1957. Saw Alan Ladd and Sophia Loren. Forgot about it until Inread thread. Lot of airmen stationed in film used as extras. Wish I had a smart phone then (I might be smarter now) lol.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neat thread. Reminds me of The Untouchables thread pinned in the lair.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just added it to my watchlist, I'll watch it soon. It has pretty good reviews already too!

Bowl cuts are the greatest haircuts in the world

Posts: 230 | Location: Virginia Beach | Registered: March 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I went to high school with this guy:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GkNP0wrMYw

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYDU5V3aAVg

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in the movie "Winning"

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I turned down a part in a prison movie.
They wanted me for two parts, a cop and a prisoner. But when they told me I had to be completely nude in one scene, I told them I did not want the prisoner character. They said goodbye.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my friends from highschool got kicked in the balls by pierce brosnan in some cowboy movie a few years back. That was cool to see.

My old jiujitsu instructor though, he's been in a lot of stuff: breaking bad, westworld, John wick, siccario, the accountant.

He gets killed every time.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
I was at Camden Yards the day they filmed "Dave" there. No screen time though.

A girl I went to HS with has had some bit parts on TV shows and movies.

I was a PSA movie filmed for school students called "Heroin Kills". I was in the film and the funeral scene was shot in the funeral home I worked at.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1727 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post