SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Am I being snookered?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Am I being snookered? Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted
Bid on an ebay item. It was one dollar. Shipping listed at 3.00. No one else bid so I won. Shouldn't I be on the hook for 4.00? Got notified I won so I paid via PP. Just got a message from the seller that shipping was 4.50 and that I need to pay the difference. Is that true? It's only a 1.50, but am I being snookered?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
If the auction stated it was 3.00 shipping, yes you need to point that out and stand your ground. It all depends on what it is - is it a Rolex or a doily? If it's a Rolex, I'd just overlook the being snookered part.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It's more of a doily. I could live without it. So I can't get dinged if I don't send more than the 4.00?

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See what he does? If it all processed through the checkout I'm not sure what he can do.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dispute it.

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
I’d ouble check the terms of the shipping, but it’s a fair bet that you’re only on the hook for 3 bucks. If the guy gives you a hard time, file a dispute.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Looks like the seller is a little old lady. I'm not going to ding her. I'm sending the extra with friendly advice that others might not be so willing.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Tell her “Check out the screen name. You’re in my world now, grandma!”

Wink

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Sucker. Razz

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
You did the nice thing paying her actual shipping but you could have held her to the original terms of the listing. Smile

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
You did the nice thing paying her actual shipping but you could have held her to the original terms of the listing. Smile

I can live with that. Smile

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

SIGforum, meet "little old lady eBay seller..." Razz

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Looks like the seller is a little old lady. I'm not going to ding her. I'm sending the extra with friendly advice that others might not be so willing.

Nah, its the internet. The men are men, the women are men, and the kids are FBI agents.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post